Monday, November 23, 2009

The Borquez's love our weekends!














I almost hated to see this dreary Monday morning I had such a wonderful weekend with the family. Chris was off the entire weekend which rarely happens so we got to enjoy each others company for two days! Friday night we went to our friends Laura birthday party at Casa. Most of the fight crew attended....oh wait ...I dont think I've ever mentioned that my husband now does MMA training. I wont go into it too much b/c I intend to dedicate a separate post for this topic but I will say that I'm sooo proud of him. More to come on this....Ok back to the weekend...We had a wonderful night Friday and I of course comsumed entirely too much Mexican food! Saturday we were able to sleep in a little. Mimsy got up super early at 4:00 to attend the Alabama football game. Chris and I were up pretty early with little one but we were actually both happy to get our day started. Chris always carries Kal-el over first thing in the morning to see his GreatGrandparents Nannie and Poppa since they live next door to us. My work schedule is M-F 8-5 so I enjoy getting to be a part of this routine when the weekend rolls around. We decided that we would all go eat at a wonderful restaurant in Tennessee called the Cathfish Hotel. It literally takes my Grandmother FOREVER to get ready lol its ok Nannie :-) So while she was getting ready Chris and I took little man to Wal-Mart to get his baby food that he is constantly out of! I love the fact that he now fits in the bugee and we dont have to wag that dang car seat around anymore! By the time we got back Nannie and Poppa were ready for the road trip. Chris usually drives b/c he THINKS he is the best driver lol. By the time we arrived in Savannah we were ready to eat some serious catfish. We all ordered the AUCE catfish and we did just that ate all that we possibly could! The place is all kinds of wonderful they only thing that I didnt like is the teeny weeny size of their restrooms. Good grief it's barely enough room for one person to go must less a place to change a baby and when I reminisce about going down there 9 months preggo its mind blowing how I ever got out of that restroom once I went in! Needless to say going back to the car is the only option and as luck would have it we had two dirty diaper scares there in the restaurant. Or should I say one was a scare the second one was just scarey being how it was the real deal and all. After our late lunch we decided that a little shopping was in order. Nannie and I couldn't contain our excitement. The boys looked less than thrilled. Sweet supa didnt mind he just slept. Lucilky there is only one little shopping area in the small town. Well that didnt keep Nannie and I from leaving the sleeping boyS in the car for an hour. Finally we gave up the fight and headed home. My precious husband decided that I would drive b/c I was the better driver lol he says it was b/c he was so tired but whatever we know the real reason my superb skillz haha. We were all pretty tired as we pulled in the driveway. Chris retired to the computer to watch the much anticipated Oregon game on the computer b/c for some reason this particular game wasn't on any of our stations. Kal-el and I spent time changing channels b/w some random lifetime movie and Troy. Very nice relaxing night.
Sunday morning came bright and early and it was time to get ready for church! Everything actually went smoothly and we even arrived early! Woo Hoo :-) Service was wonderful. The sermon was geared towards what we were Thankful for with the approaching holiday of Thanksgiving and as I looked around at my family I realised just how thankful and grateful I am to have them and their love! After church we grabbed a quick bite to eat being extra careful not to over do it b/c our Thanksgiving dinner at the church started at 04:30. We had just a couple of hours to relax before church started. So relax we did. The supper at church was wonderful. I enjoyed letting Kal-el sample several of the home made desserts saying he enjoyed that would be an understatement. He also was able to have his usual favorite sweet potatoes! They always manage to find him! Our church family is made up of some of the most sweet open hearted people I've ever had the pleasure of loving. Sweet, good people. Several church members sang specials after the supper. We wheeled Kal-el in his stroller to listen he passed out loving on Mickey Mouse! Needless to say its the small things that make me so happy which in fact are the not so small things after all. I feel so blessed to be able to spend time with my family and I look forward to Thanksgiving this year as it is Kal-el's first and he has a surprise in store his uncles from Oregon will be coming to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive