Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Eve...waveing bye-bye 2009!

As 2009 nears an end I reflect on what this year has brought and taught me as well as my family. I'm not really big on New Years resolutions. I kind of subscribe to the belief system that if you know you need to change something or make it better why not live in the present and do it now since none of us ever really know if the new year will make it or better yet if WE will make it to the new year. Instead I like to reflect on the year that is closing, the lessons learned and the memories made. This past year has definitely been one of the best years of my life. It will always and forever be the year of mommyhood for me. The first chapter in my book as a mommy so it will always hold a truly special place in my heart. The one thing that I always want to keep in the forefront of all I do whether its July or January is to be grateful and never take any of my many blessings for granted. Each year as the new year rolls around my family tries to get together to "enjoy" some hawg jaw and black eyed peas its a southern tradition that too be quite frank makes me cringe just a little...well that word hawg jaw does anyway...this year we didnt really make any plans to celebrate this way ..some of our family members were a little under the weather. I decided that it would be a neat idea to create some Borquez family traditions of our own. I was researching how different people, places, cultures etc celebrated the arrival of the upcoming year and I ran across one that I thought was marvalous...Donuts! Woo hoo tradition in the making. It symbolic in the same way that a ring is in the since thats its a continuation, a never ending circle not to mention the fact thats its super yummy! So what did we do? Well our little family of three along with two of our good friends hit up the local Krispy Kreme. Kal-el had a great time and I think it might just be a great way to continue starting each new year. I cant wait to see what 2010 brings. God Bless and Happy 2010!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive