Friday, January 8, 2010

This time last year...Getting our first baby's nursery ready!

A year ago around this time we were preparing Kal-el's nursery for his big arrival. This period of time holds such a special place in my heart b/c we all pulled together and contributed something different to the nursery. We turned my old bedroom into the nursery. I remember like it was yesterday the day that we started working on it. Aunt Vicki and Harold came over and helped us peel the victorian wallpaper that I grew up with off the walls in preperation for painting. Poppa and Chris completely redid the flooring replacing the old carpet with lovely dark wood floors.They worked so hard and I'm sure there were injurys I don't even know about. Mom was sooo much help she has an absolutely AMAZING  talent for drawing and painting so I couldnt wait to turn her loose with a brush so she could work her magic on the walls. I decided early on that if I were to have a little boy that I would do his room in a jungle theme. Mom and I put our heads together and found some beautiful ideas for a jungle themed nursery. I found the perfect bedding online. The little animals were absolutely perfect. Mom used them as a model for some of the mural she painted. She even incorporated an extra special personalized suprise on one of the little characters. We didnt let Chris see it until it was finished b/c Chris is the one who picked the name Kal-el which if you don't know by now is Supermans real name.  Nannie and Poppa found us an absoultely beautiful crib and got it for my baby shower. My Aunt Shane came across an incredible treasure of a dressor at an antique store across from where she worked at the time. It needed some work she told me but it was an otherwise very nice piece. I had Chris go pick it up. He got to work and began sanding it. I even trusted him to paint it in the right colors and did such a wonderful job. I remember wearing masks over my face while I helped paint even though I was assured the paint smell was non toxic. A mom in the making already. I must say that I am ever so happy with how his room turned out. Not only do I think that hard work and alot of talent went into it but the best part is how much LOVE from everyone went into it, the fact that it turned out so awesome is just an added bonus. Now if we can only get him to actually sleep in there a little more often!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive