Friday, February 12, 2010

Cupcakes and Gluesticks

I'm a little odd. Sometimes. Or as I like to think just really preceptive. I have always had a heighted since of smell. I can smell food cooking or a fire burning miles away. People that love me and therefore tolerate me lovingly say its b/c I adore food a bit too much and I'm nerotic enough to think that anything that smells remotely like smoke must mean there is a house burning down somewhere in the distance. I'm not totally crazy experts say that the strongest sense tied to memory is scent and I correlate many childhood memories with smell. My Little Pony's sweet plastic smell will always be a reminder of preschool to me. Not even sure why. When I'm at a coffee shop I always think of my Mother b/c even when I  was a small child she would always drink coffee. When I think of the way waffle cones smell baking it takes me back to the first date that my husband and shared at Brusters Ice Cream shop. I also have a scent that I associate with almost every human being that I'm close to. Naturally when I became a mother the new most precious gift in my life would also have a hallmark scent to me. I'm sure all mothers can relate to this. There are so many smells associated with a baby. I can best describe Super's unique smell as cukcakes and gluesticks. Sounds silly but I find it so endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive