Chris had gotten away with never having been operated on.... until today. He has been knowing for awhile that his wisdom teeth needed to come out but he really dreaded dealing with the ordeal and pain of it all. Finally after a couple of weeks of increasing tooth pain he took the plunge and decided it was indeed time to have the "smart teeth" taken out of his parking deck. Just a little Kal-el reference there :) Pesky cars! We had to be there this morning at 9:45 unfortunately they didnt take Chris back until nearly 11. Thank goodness Nan and Poppa rode with us to help me entertain Kal-el. He slept on me until Chris went back and decided at that point he would become very active and test his walking skills by having me parade him up and down the room. This would of been just fine if I were allowed the option to stop. But oh no I'm no longer running things I have a little boss by the name of Super lol. I was pleasantly suprised when they announced that we could retrive my very drugged husband by pulling the car around for him. I'm not sure how much longer any audience that we had wanted to witness our baby talk, milk spilling, or my shirt being pulled down by a restless munchkin. Since I'm am still ever the beloved neorotic nutcase that refuses to ride an elevator or let anyone carry my child for me I proseed onward up the two flights of stairs toteing a 95 percentile sized child on a 5 foot frame in heels and beg my body repeatingly not to pass out or start sweating b/c I dont want to stink and I certainly dont want to drop the cutest sack of potatoes I've ever seen! I got to the top of mount everest and patiently waited to see Chris inspite of the bewildered looks from patients that were sitting calmly and not panting. Whatever, it was good cardio! Kal-el and I both pipped up when we heard Dada's voice. He looked fine and didnt even seem drugged until he opened his mouth. In slurred speech he announced "See he is the cutest baby in the world and he does look like his Mommy." How sweet! Drunken statement or not I'll take it. I hurriedly rushed him in the car. He layed his head down to pass back out then popped it right back up again to announce that we would be going to eat at the boxcar. Wow really Chris? He then proceeded to order us to "Feed his Poppa now" from Boxcar mind you. We knew he really wasnt up for it so we had to lie to him and tell him we had already been. He then declared that we were "LIARS" and that his Poppa was hungry before completely passing back out. We just got home and I safely got him to the couch. There was drama on the way to the couch however when I had to intercept pain pills from his hand that he tried to eat like skittles b/c he was still out of it. When I took them away and repremended him he mumbled a random statement along the lines of "Lauren, you are the only party pooper in the house". LOL I love the things that people say when they are under. Its ok Chris bear Kal-el and I are going to take good care of you for the next few days until your all better again! Yay for geeting this over with :)
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment