I have stated before I am semi retired from my old hobby/past time of modeling. I got into modeling almost by accident as I had never dreamed of anything of that nature as a child. My first love is and always will be psychology. Modeling has merely been a carefree creative outlet for me. I use the word semi retired because I always manage to find just one more person that I want to work with. Although I havent shot since Super arrived I do plan on at least shooting 3 more times. Thats my goal anyway. If I can stay far far away from cupcakes and southern fried anything for a few months! I was the most active in the modeling scene about 3 years ago. . I got to experience so many wonderful opportuities and adventures. I will have some neat stories to pass on to Kal-el so I'm trying to archive just a few of them here. I actually got pretty lucky several times as far as magazines and print work are concerned. Mostly glamour magazines. I took/take alot of pride in my work but it does require an open mind for older generations as it is very similar to pin up style but in very good taste in my opinion. I turned down playboy in 2005. I was very opposed to poseing in my Birthaday suit for several reasons. Mostly moral. Kal-el will no doubt be very thankful for this when he attends high school and has no lunch room drama about his neekid Mommy lol. My most fond memory is my imfamous trip to LA to appear on the tv show Beauty and the Geek. Wow a dream and a nightmare all rolled into one. Upon landing at the airport I was treated like a celebrity. I was picked up in a very fancy limo and taken to a beautiful 5 star hotel. Long story short I was basicly locked in a hotel room for 3 days stright and not allowed to see the light of day while producers conducted interviews with cast members. It was all top secret and the reason they didnt want us out and about was of course liability reasons while we were in their care and the fact that they didnt want cast members socializing prior to tapeing. I felt safe b/c of course security was high and food was free and the pay was pretty good for the whole 72 hours I was there. I was then sent home, abruptly with no explanation other than I wasnt right for the show! What a let down! I was relieved in a way b/c during filming we werent allowed to talk to anyone over the phone for a duration of an entire month! I would of lost my mind not talking to Chris or my family. That and the fact that I was conveinced in my mind that they had my hotel room bugged. Yes, I'm paranoid. Walking outsie of the hotel that morning it couldnt of been anymore apparent that my Cinderella bubble had burst when low and behold my beautiful horse and carriage was now a pumpkin in the form of a hideaous taxi with gum stuck to it..lol I guess thats Hollywood for ya ;) Flying home from my wonderful journey didnt get much better when we encountered snow and ice on the last flight home. It was there that I spent 10 hours on a plane that didnt move for a 45 min flight!!! My life is never ever dull. I couldnt of been happier at that point to be back home. For all of my troubles on this trip and a few others, all my dieting and disapline, and all of my time and creative energy I have some incredible images to show for it and have worked with some really amazing , talented , and even celebrity photographers this was all more than I ever asked for. After all it is just a hobby and I consider myself very lucky no more effort than I put into it. My new hobby you ask? Blogging silly!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from my portfolio!
Coming up next....Daddy's Hobby!!!

.jpg)
.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment