Friday, April 23, 2010

One, Two, Three, FORK!

Last night at dinner I realised that we may of been unintentionally holding little man back in regards to eating utensils. This was made quite clear when he threw a fit for Mommy's fork. I handed it to him briefly so he could check it out. Super suprised me when he stuck it right into his macaroni and tried to land it in his mouth. My adult folk had to be intercepted b/c it was of course a little too big for his mouth. I walked away with my fork and went to retrieve a more size appropriate option for Kal-el. He once again let me know just how mad this made him. His replacement fork was just eat up with sentimental value. It was my fork when I was his age. He of course isn't remotely aware of this fact but he loved having the fork in his possession all the same. Don't get me wrong almost no food actually made its way to his little chompy teeth but the effort certainly was there. The vast majority landed in his hair, on his cheek, and on the floor but I'm sure we will get this skill refined in a few weeks. He certainly loves mealtime :)
Mommy's fork ..now my FORK :)

1 comment:

  1. ah...utensil fun. Seriously, sometimes it would be so much easier if Addie would just let me feed her...but no...Miss Independent must do it herself...and get it in her hair, all over the kitchen, all in the highchair. I don't know that she gets even 2 bites! haha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive