Sunday, June 6, 2010

Black Mamba Strikes Again! :-)

Last night was Chris's second MMA fight. We had a pretty busy day Saturday leading up to the fight. We woke up bright and early and headed out to a photoshoot with Captured Studios for a Daddy and Me session. Chris and Kal-el did such an awesome job at the shoot. It was a most difficult task trying to narrow down the selections. We finally agreed on the one we loved the most(can't wait to post it in a couple of weeks) and headed back home to get ready for the fight.  Chris usually has a traditional prefight meal which consists of steaks and rolls courtsey of his sweet mother in law. Mimsy once again did not disappoint. I partook in several yummy bites. We had a little bit of a drive ahead of us as these fights were in Tennesse so we finshed getting ready and made our way for to the mall to meet up with the rest of the crew who happend to be a good forty min late..and they say women are bad pleeassse lol! After we offically got on the road my nerves kicked in a little. I knew Chris was well trained and prepared but it does not help alot when its someone you love and you can't help but think about all the what ifs. I managed to hold it together up until the moment the bell sounded. Then I go from sweet wife to psychotic hothead ball of nerves woman :) Chris looked even better in the ring this time then he did with his last win. He is very modest about the way he fights but I'm not. I think he's AWESOME. I'm so proud of him. He started the fight with the same show of respect as he did in his first fight and ended it in a very similar way also. He used the choke again this time with his opponent on top of him. And, just like the last time it was all over in round one. Thank goodness! I won't know how to act in the future if any of the fights go longer because I'm so used to him getting in and out so fast. I also noticed that his technique had gotten a good bit better since his first fight. He also utilized kicks more and they looked much more solid. So...the Black Mamba now has a 2-0 record and most importantly no one was hurt. Yay! Fight number 3 will take place sometime in August and it should be local this time so the whole family will be in attendence. Below are some pictures from the fight. Please excuse any blurriness due to my camera malfunctioning, or action shots of course :)
Dada and Kal-el at Captured Studios in the Oregon gear
waiting to have their Daddy and Me photoshoot for Father's Day!
Getting ready to leave
Official fight food- Steak!
Waiting on the rest of the crew
Did mind the wait one bit thanks to this beautiful rainbow..
Our guys getting a feel of the cage before showtime!
Here comes Chris "Bear" Oops I mean the "Black Mamba" :)
A quick prayer.....
Circling the cage...
A respectful gesture to the other teams trainer
Let's do this!
Yes! 2-0
Discussing his win and saying thanks to his support system ..
We love you Dad and are so proud of your hard work and dedication
Love,
Mommy and Super :)

2 comments:

  1. Lauren! I love your blog and all the pictures. Their adorable and must see the baby SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOO HOOOOO! I am so proud of Chris! I hate we missed this fight! Cannot Wait for the next one! David kept asking me if i had heard from you! We are Black Mamba Fan!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive