Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We had a fun, very laid back Father's Day celebration this year. I got to spend time with the three most important fellows in my life, my adorable baby Kal-el, my sweet husband, and my precious grandfather. Super and I gave Daddy his gifts when we got up this morning then we headed off to church. Kal-el made his way to the nursery again so all the fathers in the congregation could actually hear and enjoy the sermon lol. Super is on the move these days and simply can't bear to sit still through an entire sermon. Fiesta Mexicana followed church. We had a nice time and ate good food.  I feel so blessed to have my family.  I loved having two people to honor this year. My own father has not been in my life for going on four years now but I  have never felt like I had a void because I have such a wonderful grandfather in Poppa. He really has always been like a father to me. You couldn't find a better man if you spent your entire life looking. I hope we bring him even an ounce of the happiness that he fills our lives with. I love him so much. He has been a constant in my life that I can't ever  imagine not having. I can't express how happy it makes me to see that Kal-el shares the same bond with him that I do.He adores his Great Grand Poppa. Then there is my husband Chris, who is a remarkable father to our son. I couldn't ask for anything more. I've said before what a natural he is and it's so true. I cherish these times with all of my heart and I look forward to watching Kal-el grow up in his Daddy's footsteps. It is definately an exception these days as opposed to a rule to have such wonderful men for my son to look up to and I am forever grateful. Happy Father's Day Chris and Poppa! I love you both so very much :)

You can thank the wonderful Alabama humidity for this blurry shot :)
At church for the Father and Son Breakfast Saturday morning
To: Daddy       From: Mommy & Super
Kal-el's card :)
Mom and Poppa-Notice Kal-el doesn't appear in many of those
shots. He checked out to catch a few zzzzzzzzz's
Me and Poppa
Aunt Shane and Poppa
Best buddies
Calling it a day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive