Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kal-el got signed!

Well sort of. I have been agent shopping for Kal-el for a couple of weeks now and I'm happy to say that we have a winner. Ironically it's the same agency that I was signed with for a short time. It's in the Nashville market, which houses the only decent agencies in the south other than Atlanta (which is too far a drive for us). I'm really excited for him but at the same time we are not expecting alot of work at this time due to the market being small for children under 3. I was told, however, that they love his look and want to keep a file on him so when companies call needing toddler models they can give as an immedate call. I have to send updated pictures in the mail every 2 months, and keep them up to date on his clothing sizes as they change. Then they want to have him come in for a meeting before he turns four. I've given this alot of thought and Chris and I talked about it at length before we decided to give this a try. I had nothing but positive experiences from my modeling days and really enjoyed meeting new people and doing a little bit of traveling. My hope is that if we do a little of this now it will insteal confidence at an early age but the second I find out he isn't enjoying himself or is uncomfortable the plug gets pulled. I never want to be one of those parents that trys to force direction on a child to the point where it renders them unable to enjoy their childhood. I also don't want to turn him into a prima donna or make him sissy'fied (lol if thats a word.) I always want him to have humility and respect for others. Since I know a good deal about the industry first hand I'm aware of all the misconceptions that people have and sadly most are far from the truth. Instealing values in a child starts at home, a little commerical here and there or a print add doesn't change someone if they have the proper foundation laid at an early age. I would never be one of those pagent moms who glues eyelashes or spray tans on a three year old. Children should be children and have balance in their lives. This will be just one aspect in our lives and it will certainly not be the primary focus. It will take a major back seat to things like spirituality, family time, education and so forth.  Overall I think this will be a fun learning experience for Super if and when it takes off. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive