Wednesday, November 17, 2010

While Daddy Has Been Away....

  I can't believe that Chris Bear will be home in just 2 days!!! Kal-el and I could not be any more happy about his  upcoming arrival. Although 3 weeks may not seem that long there were several days that it certainly felt like it. I've always praised Chris for being a wonderful father and husband but the last 3 weeks have really shown me how supportive he is of me and how much I depend on him. We are truely a team and I couldn't do it without him.  Most of this month I have been too tired to do much of anything...including blog....so sorry and this will improve soon! I forgot how exhausting the first trimester really is. This is especially true when trying to keep up with a very active toddler! Whew..it's not for the weak!
   Kal-el has faired much better than Chris and I imagined with him being gone. I thought for sure he would be a tad distraught. We even tried to avoid saying "Dada" outloud opting instead to spell it out in the event that Super might just have a melt down. We soon discovered that the mention of Dada only made Kal-el squeal with sheer excitement and run to look out a window or grab a phone so he could "talk" to him. He never really cried. The thought of Dada only made him very happy. He was so precious with his reactions..almost like he knew he would be coming back soon. This positive emotional response was such a huge relief for me since Kal-el is such a Daddy's boy. Any other reaction would of made for an even longer 3 weeks!
  Although not much has changed while Chris has been gone there are just a few things that I wanted to document While Daddy Has Been Away..........

You see this face? While it's true that Kal-el hasn't been sad ..he has been WILD
Acting out has been the name of the game for him...he was literally in EVERYTHING..
Not a fun copeing mechanizm for Mom's here!
Climbing on everything constantly!
And always trying to escape...lol
On more than one morning we had cake for breakfest...oh hush I'm worn out :)

-Super has also managed to wear Nannie and Poppa daily while I'm at work. They are so good with him and I am so grateful they have been able to keep him until I start part time next week. They are a blessing to all of us and we sure are lucky to have them!

-He has a new found fondness of being naked and has effectively learned to remove ALL articles of clothing when the mood strikes...lol oh boy!

And finally....I told you that I'd be showing a little by the time you got back home....well I think I was correct! :-)
We love you and you will be all ours again in 48 hours!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive