Our first stop was the JC Penny outlet store in Decatur. Nannie had a few returns to make so we were going to swing in for just a few minutes. In the short amount of time that we were there Kal-el managed to con us out of not one but TWO new stuffed little Sesame Street toys. Yep, right here before Christmas! I know, I know....so weak...but it did keep him quiet long enough for us to get out of the long lines with no drama. :)
After we all got out of the store and got the car packed up with a few odds and ins Christmas gifts we were starved. Super had been screaming "Apple" for the last hour so we opted for a buffet in hopes of finding one for him. Much to our disappointment the ONLY apples in sight were a few they used for decor around the food bar. Uh oh.... not good...I prayed that Kal-el wouldn't lay eyes on them or it was all over for us. We managed to distracted him and after a pretty decent lunch Kal-el choose a pineapple instead and was rather content with it!
Dinner was complete and we were stuffed. We had to drag Nannie out before she was done with dessert because it started getting dark on us! Only one thing left on the to do list....Toys R US...dun dun dun...I knew this could end up being quite the undertaking since Super had never ventured into a toy store before. The one we had locally closed down a couple of years go. I can see both the pros and cons to this :) Kal-el was so pumped about all the toys. He got even more excited seeing the other children with their parents. He would grin and yell "hey!" to random kiddos that we would pass. Too sweet! He saw several items that he fancied. He would point and get really excited and say "me." Lots of "me's" made their way into our cart! By the time we had wrapped up his Christmas shopping we were beyond tired and ready for the ride home. I'm so proud of Kal-el for being a good boy. He is back to doing really well in his car seat..even on long trips. Hope I didn't just jinx us! :-)
Look at that face! See I told you he made it out of there with two stuffed babies!
Pulling up at Toys R Us...for what? Yep, more toys :-)
Nannie, Poppa & Chris, Kal-el buying the store out lol
Woo Hoo Christmas shopping is now complete!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment