Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Beautiful Winter Wonderland!

And this time we are officially snowed in!!! I don't think we could be happier about it either. Not only is it game day for the National Championship playoff but Chris and I are both off of work with Super to enjoy the snow! We woke up very early to take a peek outside and EVERYTHING was covered. I don't know how long it's been since we've seen a snow like this in Alabama! It's beautiful and there is at least 8-9 inches! We let Kal-el enjoy the outdoors for a few minutes then Chris and I frolicked in the snow with Max and Ginger. Max loved it...he was in his element and could of played all day. Ginger was completely different story. She couldn't make her way back inside fast enough. After playing in the snow we all worked up a pretty big appetite. Nannie made a wonderful homemade breakfast complete with eggs, biscuits, gravy...the WORKS! We all got our tummy's full  and headed back home to wait for the game to start. While Kal-el napped I decided to make some snow cream. I told Chris the night before I wanted to make some. He didn't really understand the concept. When I told him that I was going to lay some pots out to catch the snow he looked at me like I was insane lol. I told him that he in fact was the crazy one. Snow is ice cream from Heaven lol! I don't think that my grandfather agreed either he called me to tell me not to make it because it was like eating acid rain! With the entire world against me I managed to forge ahead and make snow cream anyway and I must say that it was super yummy. I used a Paula Dean recipe and was shocked to discover there was no BUTTA involved! :-) Now the only thing to do is wait for game time...5 hours and counting...GO DUCKS!
Burrrrr :)

"What are you doing babe?"
That smile can only mean one thing....SNOWBALL!
Meanness :p
Luckily they were being thrown at Max...and he LOVED it :)
Nose pressed up against the glass..pleeease can I go back out!? :)
Dada stop throwing snow at me!
Such a fun snow day!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive