New Years day we got a very special little suprise. I was laying down with Kal-el as he napped when all of a sudden I felt a little movement in my tummy. I laid really still to see if I could feel it again....and there it was baby #2 making his/her presents known. How sweet! If I had not been laying down I would of missed it altogether. I try to rest when I can but I rarely lie down mainly because Super will not allow it :) The offical word for the first fetal movement felt is called "quickening." Quick literally means "alive." Hopefully I can be still enough to enjoy a lot more of these sweet little movements before the crippling kidney blows and lung punches start in my crammed tummy! Just kidding..even those are welcomed to some degree..means the little one is active and healthy. :)
Lastly, the tree we planted lasted for Kal-el last year on New Year's Day is growing leeps and bounds just like our little superhero himself. I'm so proud that it is now large enough that we can't plow over it with the lawn mower! 2010 has been a great year and I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for our family. Whatever it brings I find comfort in knowing that we will go thru it together and we will have one more little person to love come June. Happy New Year from the Borquez family and God Bless!Tuesday, January 4, 2011
New Years Eve & New Years Day!
We had a very nice relaxing, laid back New Years Eve & day this year. Kal-el was way overdue for his flu shots so unfortunately a little segment of the day had to be dedicated to this feat. Luckily for us, we were in and out with no problems and almost no tears. Yay :) We decided to spend the rest of the day doing some little things that we enjoy. We made a stop by our local bookstore. They have such a wonderful selection of children's books but not so great selection for the mystery genre that I love. For example, just to name the pros and cons ....the children's selection there is far differnt from Books A Million. The selection at BAM is literally all thrown together. It's a much neater display at Coldwater Books so you can see the best books they have to offer for kiddos. They had an entire little section dedicated to the Llama Llama series. We love those! I wish we could exclusively shop there but some of the adult sections leave much to be desired. I was shocked to walk to the section labeled "mysteries" and only see about 25 books. They were void of even the classics like Agatha Christie. Big let down. We decided to go ahead and head out to BAM and have a look around and enjoy some coffee. We were having a great time, then Chris saw me eyeballing a HUGE LOST book. A $50 HUGE Lost book. He knew that I would not be coming home with a mystery. I walked out of the store with a book the size of my toddler and a smile on my face lol. Fear not Chris also had a date for the night...yep, he replaced the dreaded 360 game system never to be without it again. :) After a quick stop for pizza we headed home to get cozy. We got Kal-el down at about 11..he tried his best to stay up with us but he gave in just shy of 2011. We still managed to still a kiss from each other and him an hour later :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)


No comments:
Post a Comment