Friday, February 11, 2011

Scary...Scary...Bath Mats??

You simply can not be a child of mine and be phobia free! lol :) I have good news and neurotic news to report...ah the good news is Super is no longer afraid of the Backyardigans! He will actually sit and watch them some days with a sweet little smile on his face. But alas we have acquired a brand new fear.
  It all started with sweet, concerned family being afraid that I would fall giving Kal-el our nightly baths. With Chris being on the road I usually just put Kal-el in the water with me. He adores baths just like his mommy. He's my little boy diva and will come up to me and ask for a "bub baf" (bubble bath) no less than twice a day. I would take 4 a day myself if I could so I don't mind one bit HOWEVER my family keeps reminding me that even though I can't stand bath mats I probably should be using them for safety purposes at least while I'm pregnant. I keep saying I'll get one if I ever find one I can stand the sight of but I've never gotten around to purchasing one. Well, that didn't stop Nannie and Poppa from rounding me one up lol! Niice. I decided to go ahead and play it safe and try it out for our next bath. I showed it to Kal-el and like me, he seemed less than thrilled. I ran our water and stepped on the mat to make sure the lovely suction cups were sticking like they should. I caught Super's expression out of the corner of my eye and he looked a little upset. I got in and motioned for him. He wouldn't budge. I put loads of bubbles in along with his favorite bath toys. Still nothing. At this point I grow a little impatient and lifted him into the bath. This was NOT cool with him. He leapt up from the bath  into my arms as soon as his bottom touched the bath mat. He wrapped himself around me and clung on for dear life. He was hanging on so tightly I didn't even have to hold him. I finally realized that my weird, precious child was terrified of the BATH MAT. Are you kidding me! Our baby boy is fearless about everything and of all things to find fear..a bath mat? I felt bad but I laughed til I cried. He never cried he just refused to look in the general direction of the bath mat and he certainly wasn't getting in the water with IT  in there. I smiled to myself as I peeled it from the tub. He actually clapped and then gleefully hopped in the water. We are so much alike. Looks like we'll have to put mats off a little longer and just be extra careful. I'm still not sure Nannie believed me when I told her we couldn't use the bath mat after all...Kal-el is scared of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive