Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kal-el, Max, Chucky = Drama, drama!

   Chris and I decided to was time to have our fur kid Max neutered. He didn't adjust well initially to our new puppy and was constantly asserting dominance by growling and pinning him down. I have ZERO tolerance for bad attitudes in a family pet PLUS it's better health wise for them to have the procedure. Ironically enough its almost like poor Max got the memo that in the following week he would become...err..a little less manly ..because he and the puppy became best buds. We decided to follow though anyway due to above stated health reasons. Chris carried Max in Friday of last week and I picked him up after work. He was pretty inebriated on the ride home. He had this odd "Joker" looking smile on his face. I tried not to laugh. There is no telling how I acted following my c section. We got him home and settled in the downstairs bedroom. I knew he was probably in a little pain and didn't want to be bothered by other pets or a toddler. His surgery was on a last Friday ..now fast forward to Monday evening. We had just arrived home from my 24 week appointment and received a wonderful update on baby Logan.  He looks great and is perfectly healthy! What a blessing :) We walked in and started getting settled and sorting through the mail. Kal-el runs to the living room then heads toward the bedroom. We didn't realize that the door was open and Kal-el ran and JUMPED on Max wanting to play. He landed on his freshly stitched surgery site which caused Max  to nip his ear. I'll be honest I freaked out. Thats my baby. I eyed Kal-el over to make sure he wasn't hurt badly and his ear was the only minor injury he had then like an idiot I lost my cool on Max. I picked him up by the scruff and screamed furiously at him and took a few swings. Not smart ..period. But the mamma bear came out and my mind could not stop racing about what could of happened. Bottom line is Max was hurt and recovering from an operation.. hes still a good pet..We should of been more mindful of the door being open and it could of been prevented. I still wanted to take Super to the doctor to get an antibiotic because I know bites of any kind can get infected easily. The wound was so tiny I almost felt silly taking him but I was assured when we got to the doctor that it wasn't a bad idea at all to take that preventative measure.
  Kal-el really showed out at the doctors office. I was so glad that Chris was able to join us. Not only did Super REFUSE to weigh on the big boy scale but I'm fairly certain he's the only 3ft 32lb child that they've ever had to weigh lying down on the baby scale! Wow :) If that wasn't enough poor Dr Lusk could barely examine his ear bc he wanted to play with her "sticks". He walked out of her office with 3 of them in his mouth and 4 in his hands smiling wildly. His performance didn't stop there. While Chris and I were checking out he ran to the scale and decided he would then like to weigh. Are you serious Super? He even stood there and refused to move for a little girl that needed to weigh for her appointment. I have no doubt he would of stayed perched there until lunch had the pretty curly headed nurse that he LOVES walked by. He followed her into the filing room where I had to chase him down and locate him in a MAZE of files. What a lovely visit..never a dull moment! :) We got his meds and took his behind home!!
 Later that evening we took Kal-el to his little buddys Tobby birthday party... where?...drum roll...virus/bacteria land..errr I mean Chucky Cheese. Needless to say my nerves were SHOT about the idea of this place. Chris reassured me and we decided to go let Kal-el have a good time. The only thing he cared for there was the "mouse" to which he kept saying "oh boy!" to... Chris would laugh and say "Kal-el thats not Mickey that thing is a New York sewer rat" LOL He's so terrible. Kal-el didn't care he loved him anyway. We could barely pry him off the creature. Only one picture was taken of this grand adventure..I was too busy holding coins and chasing Kal-el down with antibacterial lotion. Nice :) Lets hope the rest of this week is event free!!!
Max After Surgery 
 Being rotten at the doctor
Super with the sticks!

1 comment:

  1. I have a zero tolerance for aggressive pets, too...but Addie torments our chihuahua. Poor Lucy will snap one day and I'll have to get rid of her, I guess...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive