Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Potty Training...The Beginning!

  Well the potty training journey has begun and I must say we are off to a pretty good start! Now with my luck as soon as I have typed the above statement we are almost guaranteed to start a downhill spiral but I'm keeping high hopes. I know that technically we are attempting full blown potty training just a bit early being that Super just turned two, however, my goal is just to get him familiar with it. I know that if I make too big a deal out of it he will totally rebel against me and HATE the potty so its baby steps for now. He will still pee pee in his diaper but perfers to pee pee in his Elmo potty. He has also pooped in his big boy potty and is not ok at all with having that variety of mess in his diaper. We plan on continuing to encourage him with each successful trip in a way that doesn't run it in the ground. I'm sure it will be a lot of trial and error. I plan on refering to books like I always do. They funniest part of his training has been that he thinks he needs to be TOTALLY naked to use his potty. Thats usually my first indication that we need to get to the potty ASAP. :) Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive