Friday, August 12, 2011

Getting Smaller While He Gets Bigger!

  That's the plan and so far its working! Over the past couple of weeks I've had several messages regarding losing weight and what "secrets" I've used to drop the baby weight so fast.(I still have a good 15 lb to go by the way but even being asked these questions has been so encouraging to me ..so you guys have helped me already! So here's a quick little blog entry on the matter to answer a few questions as well as keep myself accountable. Here's the secret in two words...WILL POWER. I know that's not a fun answer or a quick fix but its just the truth..medical/mental issues with standing of course. Basically almost any reasonable sounding diet will work as long as you stick to it for any length of time as opposed to giving up starting another one etc. I can only speak for what works for me and it's definitely a low carb diet. I honestly adore food..I really do that's precisely the reason I turn into a whale when I'm pregnant (75lb weight gain first pregnancy, 58lb second one). Yep, told ya..I seriously can out eat most grown men. I know that's not feminine or cute but I'm just being honest here. The best analogy I can provide is..I feel about food the way men feel about women to a degree. I have an appreciation for all varieties and my taste can very all the way from 5 star down to a yummy happy meal LOL I love it all :)  I can't stand feeling deprived or hungry and while I miss my sweets terribly when I do low carb after the first few days your cravings stop altogether because your blood sugar is no longer acting bi polar with all the ups and downs. I try to stay under 20 carbs a day. I don't waste my time with net carbs. I've found that really can slow the weight loss down and I like to see results fast so I can stick with it. I don't make any fancy recipes or do meal plans. When things start getting complicated I get stressed lol..so basicly if its lean meat or really just meat I can have it...if its not I don't touch it. It's that simple, the will power is the hard part. So far I've stuck to it (with the exception of my yummy birthday cake) and its doing the trick...42 pounds in 2 months WOO HOO! Like I said I still have 15lb to go and so far I haven't really included much exercise( unless you include chasing Super!). I ashamed to say I hate most forms of it but I'll do a little the closer I get to my goal for toning. Thats about all I can promise LOL :) There are ways to modify the diet if  20 carbs a day seems too drastic. Maybe try 30 a day. There are days when I'd rather have a little more and do it the slow way because I'd rather take it easy on myself after just having a baby two months ago and having major surgery (c section) to get him here! I'll be honest other people are what make that a little hard for me. I feel like at times I'm looked at thru a microscope and I'm not allowed the same leniency as others...almost like seeing me huge is enjoyable for some..I think there's a little word for that....haters :) That's ok because that can serve as motivation as well. The main thing is to stay positive and set little goals along the way. The thing that gets me through it is knowing that once I get the rest of the weight off I can go back to the foods I love ...maybe just a little less of them. Kudos to all you "make it a life style" and fitness gurus.. Momma here can't do that. Maybe those are the best people to get advice from and I wish I could be that way but for now its double cheeseburger hold the bread, and tomato, and condiments and well you get the idea! Good luck :)
                      Worth Every single pound Sweet Baby "Logee"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive