Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ABC's of Eating!

 It would appear that Kal-el has taken a small hiatus from eating. Perhaps I'm just more aware of it now than in the past. He's never been a member of the "clean plate club" which is completely fine considering his age but here lately he seems to barely touch anything unless of course its unhealthy items loaded with sugar. I think the  cupcakes for his half birthday as well as the treats supplied on a regular basis by Nannie and Poppa have provided a little upset in his healthy food regimen. He has always loved protein especially chicken but this week he even turned his nose up at baked big bird. I was becoming a little stressed. Food seemed boring and unappetizing to him. Then something changed. Enter Chef Boyardee Mini ABC's & 123's to the rescue!
   Since Kal-el is so enthused with the alphabet I decided to attempt to entice him with eating letters. Score Mommy! He gobbles them up like crazy. Now I wont say that sometimes its not a painstakingly slow process what with calling out and separating of the letters and all but good grief its cute! He will eat a few at a time and call out to me what he's eating...."Ummm yummy letter B Mama..tank(thank) you..umm..umm" It's the most adorable thing ever. I know this will only hold his interest for so long but I hope it last long enough to get him through this finicky food stage! Well I'm off to look for sandwich presses, molds, and anything else I can use to make edible letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive