Tuesday, September 13, 2011

International Chocolate Cupcake Day!

   Call me crazy but I don't really like chocolate.  Apparently today is national chocolate cupcake day and after eating low carb for a solid month I figure I'm entitled to one cheat day sooooo I chose to celebrate at least the cupcake part of this food holiday and forgo the chocolate! My mom wanted to spend some time with us before she and Larry head of to the mountains for a couple of weeks. Her husband Larry has a home in KY so they kind of split their time between here and there. Kal-el has really missed Mimsy because he's been accustom to seeing her almost daily in the past. He's had so much fun spending the last two days with her. Yesterday we got some shopping done for the boys and I couldn't think of a better way to spend today than having some sweet treats at Yummies in down town Tuscumbia! We had a great time and Kal-el was on a major sugar high. Mom and I had already given him two cookies and shared a cupcake with him when Chris met us over mid way through lunch and bought Super yet another cookie. He really worked the system today! Cookie monster ended up devouring a grilled cheese sandwich (half of it anyway) a cupcake and a total of three cookies. Waaay too much sugar but it's so much fun to do on a special occasions. Makes me wonder what the next food holiday is :)
                                   Almond flavor for me of course..is there any other flavor? ;)
                                  First a cupcake....
                                 Then a cookie!
                                  Mimsy and Super
                                  Sweeter than the cupcakes :)
                                         Mimsy and Logan
                                  Mommy and Logan
                                 Picking out his 3rd cookie!!!
                                    I love all the sweet little mush faces he makes :)
                            I'm sure everyone wishes I woukd just stop taking pictures already lol
                                 Yummies proved to be a very yummy little place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive