Saturday, September 24, 2011

Summer Friend

     Almost every evening this summer Kal-el had a cute little green visitor to wish him a good night. Even though summer is not exactly my favorite time of year (I'm much more of a cozy fall, festive winter kind of girl) there seems to always be little things in the summer that I think so fondly of. Our summer was sort of uneventful in terms of new adventures. We were confined more days then not to being inside our home because of our sweet new family member who was much to young for the scorching, relentless heat this year. I know next summer will be filled with excitement again. Lots of swimming, vacation time etc. I look forward to it but I wont ever forget the small things that made this summer so special.  Kal-el loves frogs and this summer we had an adorable little tree frog that made his way to our porch almost every night. Super would always talk to the little frog on his way to bed and smile sweetly at the frog and say "night froggie:" :) Now that it's getting cool in the evenings we haven't seen him in the last week. I'm sure he's hopped on to warmer climates but Kal-el still looks for him sometimes. I always tell Kal-el he hopped home. Maybe he'll come back next year and bring some friends. Since my son loves them so much they are always welcome...OUTSIDE the house :)

1 comment:

  1. =) Aww, I hope Kal-el's little green friend returns next summer. Happy fall Lauren and family!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive