Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Character Building Experience

  For me  ..because Kal-el is just too young to care. Actually its more of a lesson I've learned long ago. Sadly, I regressed a bit. This topic all has to do with childrens voting contests..online of course. Where everyone's a star! I had always told myself in the past that I would never enter Kal-el in vote based contests. I prefer where real unbiased judges vote based on their good eye for talent and their experience as a posed to the much dreaded popularity contests and the big fish little pond complex. You see I'm a bit of a non conformist and not at all the most popular person. I don't have a zillion sorority "sisters"(thankfully) to sent out a mass email to. I don't have the desperation to go to spam like pages such as "50 likes guaranteed"  The only thing I do have is a gorgeous child. I know I'm biased, I'm his mommy :) But in many ways this week I was unfortunately not above the obsessive nature that other mommies were exuding over a contest! It was Chris who had to real me back in and tell me I was acting like a shameless obnoxious psychotic soccer mom from hell :) Thanks hunny!  It was true. I totally let it get the best of me. He reminded me of what really matters and the fact that our son is healthy and happy. Furthermore he's already had success as early as 17 months old when it comes to "modeling". He reminded me that sweet Super was picked for the commercial he appeared in out of every child and every agency that the company viewed in the Nashville area. The reason I entered Kal-el in HMP studio contest in the first place was because I adore her work and thats never going to change. Winning a free session or not we will definitely use her again. They certainly did not disappoint with his one year photos! And as luck would have it Super's agency (Advantage Agency ) sent me an email requesting recent pictures meaning there maybe a job for him in the works soon! So hopefully on to bigger things!  Either way I'm just happy to have two beautiful, healthy, sweet boys and I don't need a local contest to validate that. I'm glad to be back to my normal healthy perspective now. I'll try not to ever venture to this dark place again :) One thing this has shown me for sure and the thing I want Kal-el to gain from this post is that he has so many amazing family members and friends that believe in him. Even Chris's MMA friends were voting like crazy and many of them don't even have kids. So precious. My sweet cousin Zack despises this kind of contest (as I always have before I had my mini break down lol) and he voted before I even asked him to. I had many private messages telling me what a "star" Super was. All of the kind words turned my negative attitude completely around. I know one thing this little boy is ADORED! So as the contest comes to a long end this afternoon I do not expect for us to win the prize but with 80 votes of people we actually know, keep in contact with, and care about we have really felt the love! Thanks guys and when Kal-el gets his call from Gucci lunch is on him ;) Happy Meals for everyone!
                                    Click here to LIKE.........just kidding ;)

1 comment:

Blog Archive