It's about a 3 hour drive from our house and alot of the drive is through wooded areas, not much street lights etc. Kal-el had a photo shoot Friday afternoon with HMP studios so we didn't head out until after it was dark. Driving in the dark along with not having service on my phone made me a little antsy at first but Chris finally talked me into relaxing and started looking forward to our arrival. Larry has a lot of land ...where deer roam. His son hunts there a lot and Chris somehow got the idea in his head that he may like to attempt to get his own Bambi. :( I can't stand the thought and I made it no secret that if he went I would most definitely be rooting for the deer but at the same I time I thought it would be nice for him to have some male time with Larry and get a break from the girls! :)
We arrived Friday night at about 8pm. I knew as soon as we walked in that we were going to enjoy our little get away. The farm house is lovely and so home'y' feeling. We all got in our pjs, sat around the fire place, watched tv and snacked on pizza. Larry had some mint chocolate chip cookies for Chris since thats pretty much the only dessert he likes..mint with chocolate. It was super thoughtful and they were so good I even had a few..ok more than a few ;) We turned in shortly after our snacking so the boys could get up early in the morning to go "look" at deer.
The following morning I realized (after an awesome nights sleep) that Chris and I really need to upgrade to a king sized bed. I managed to get up at 4:30 am right along with the boys. Not the hunters but MY boys. Not sure if the change in environment altered Logan's sleep schedule but he decided he wanted a bottle before the sun rose then Kal-el decided to get up with us. Pretty soon every one was up for the day. I couldn't complain I felt very rested and Logan always ends up going right back to sleep. He never makes a fuss..sweet baby! Mom and I had coffee while Super caught up on some "Sponge Pants". I can NEVER get away from the yellow blob! I loved being out on the serene porch and watching the sun come up for the day while sipping on coffee. Once the Chris and Larry came back to the farm (deerless) a few hours later we took Kal-el driving around the property on the Rhino. If this doesn't tell you how much of a girl I am , I'm not sure what will but when Larry originally told me that Kal-el would probably enjoy the Rhino out at the farm my first response was "Awww what in the world do you guys feed it?" he replied "gas". Poor me LOL He was certainly right about Super enjoying the ride. We really liked it to. After spending most of the day at the farm we decided to let Kal-el pet the sheep, goats, donkeys, and horse down the road. He loved it. One of the donkeys was very loving and tame. He was seriously like a puppy. Adorable! It was too cold for Logan to be outdoors for long so we got back in the car for another surprise stop. We rode by Murray University and on towards the airport. I knew we must be going to see Larry's plane. Larry wanted to "taxi" Super around the airport since worried Mommy here wont actually let the plane, along with a very good pilot do what they were meant to and actually be in the air. Guess who DID fly in the plane though? Nope not me I was too chicken also. Chris, who is even scared of commercial planes when we fly, got on the plane with Larry UP IN THE AIR for 20 mins or longer on a VERY windy day. Talk about brave. The wind was a bit frightening but Chris said he would do it again and he felt like he faced his flying phobia. I was very proud of him! :) After everyone was back on the ground and the color came back to Chris's face we headed back to the farm to prepare for Larry's birthday dinner.
I had really been looking forward to meeting Larry's family. I had the pleasure of meeting Brooke back in April. Kal-el couldn't wait to see her again. Saturday night I got to meet her precious mother Tammy along with Larry's only son Jason and his too cute for words father, known as "Dad Wright". He is 86 years old and is extremely sharp and witty. We had a delicious spaghetti dinner. I had heard about the recipe several times from Larry, its his fathers recipe and its a Sicilian mafia family recipe that he acquired. It was wonderful. Mom baked an equally yummy Italian cream cake for his birthday cake. After we all were so stuffed we couldn't breath we sat around talked, watched Oregon football, and marveled at my firsts borns non stop energy level. He was relentless but sweet Brooke was so patient with him. We had a great time and I hope to see them all again very soon.
Sunday morning was kind of bitter sweet. My boys needed to get back into a routine but we almost hated to leave. Kal-el adores Larry and I knew it would probably be a difficult goodbye for him. Spending a weekend at the farm and getting to know Larry and his family better was so nice. It may of initially taken us a little while to get to know each other but after having done so we ended up having so many similarities that its unreal! The most obvious one is putting up with my Mother hee hee :) Happy Birthday Larry! Wishing you many more :)
Time for bed.....
Beautiful Saturday morning
Kal-el chose his own attire..obviously..and I'm sporting a borrowed from Larry over sized plaid mens house robe..you know just because I thought I didn't need to pack anything warm lol
On the Rhino with Chris bear..if your wondering why I''m in the back its because MY child didn't want me to ride up front let alone hold him lol...
The runway for Larry's plane
Sheep!
Chris is actually brushing him..he was such a sweet little guy!
Airplane time!
Getting ready for take off :) Go Chris!
After the boys were back on the ground safely we took Kal-el for a drive in the airplane :)
Nap time before dinner
Super with Larry's dad
The Birthday boy!
Happy Birthday Larry!

No comments:
Post a Comment