Today is international cookie day! I don't like to over do it as far as sweets are concerned on a normal day, or week for that matter, so I especially love these when these little mini holidays roll around! They give me a reason for sharing sweet treats with Kal-el. As a matter of fact I've been looking for some fun and unique traditions to start in our family for the holiday season. My children are really too young to fall into "The Elf" craze. Maybe in a few years we can incorporate him, but at the same time I wanted to do a few things that would be unique to our little family. I hope I can think of a few more for this month. I want to keep them small, simple, and sentimental...something that won't be an issue to keep up and something we'll always enjoy. I don't see us outgrowing cookies anytime soon so I think this ones a keeper! Pajamas on Christmas Eve will also definitely be making the cut. We may also pick a few of the classic holiday movies the week of Christmas and watch one a night. Next year I hope to get a little more creative with the cookies and add more personal touches to them. I found out at almost the last minute that today was cookie day so these were store bought but ever so yummy. We will break out the icing kits and variety cookie cutters next year! Just in time for sweet Logan to enjoy them with his big brother. :)
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment