Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Morning 2011!

   We had one of the best Christmas mornings ever. We had a lot of things trying to pull against us but we refused to let it take the joy out of this very special day. Kal-el was still a little under the weather with his fever virus and I actually had to go to the ER on Christmas Eve for a sudden raise in my blood pressure for no apparent reason. The doctor assured me that I was fine, contributed it to the stress from the holidays and sick babies and sent me on my way after about 15 min. If that wasn't enough medical excitement Chris woke up with an abscessed, nerve exposed tooth. I felt soooo bad for him. He's eyes were filled with water and I don't think I've ever seen him in that much pain! He managed to deal with it far better than I could of.
    I absolutely couldn't wait for our boys to wake up so they could see all the surprises that Santa brought them for Christmas. I even managed to take a little video footage this year. I keep telling myself that I'm going to use the video camera more often but I always forget to pull it out. Kal-el was in awe of his toys when he finally woke up and staggered over to the tree. He hadn't been allowed to touch the wrapped presents until now and he seemed a little overwhelmed and unsure what he wanted to get his hands on first. Chris held Logan is his lap and helped him open his gifts. He was precious. His little eyes lit up and he would grin widely and chuckle at each gift his Daddy tore into on his behalf. Once Super finally got everything opened and ready to play with he ignored most of the bigger and "cool" toys to play with a simple little double sided chalk/marker board and an electric toy drill. I kept telling Chris they we could of spent $40 on Christmas and he still would of been one happy little boy. I love the fact that the simple things brought him so much joy. I can't wait to share the true meaning of Christmas with him when he gets a little older. After Chris and I exchanged our gifts we started getting the boys ready to go over to Aunt Shane's house for Christmas dinner. Since we almost missed it (thanks to all the sickness in our home) I was more grateful than ever to see the rest of our family on Christmas day! Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive