Sunday, December 18, 2011

Model Contest Update!

   A couple of months ago I wrote a post titled "A Character Building Experience". It was about a modeling contest for the launch of HMP Studio's new website. The contest for the website models was judged via number of votes to decide the winners. I got wrapped up in the whole "please vote for my child" requests and I HATE that. I just feel like it turns what might of been a fair assessment of talent into a complete popularity contest. Since I don't have 5,000 friends on a social networking site on the final day of the contest I'd assumed we hadn't won. As I mentioned in the previous post on this topic, I ended up being more disappointed with the way that I temporarily got so caught up in something so surface for an entire week. Sad and out of character for me but true all the same. I figured it was a character building experience for ME and decided to move on and think nothing more of it. THEN the very same evening the contest came to an end I received a personal message from Heather asking if we could bring Kal-el in for the model shoot. Apparently she had a few favorites and she wasn't going to let lack of popularity votes effect the kids she wanted to use for her website launch. So not only did the 3 children with the most votes get to be a part of the shoot but a couple of others like Kal-el got an awesome surprise! I ADORE her work and when I found out she wanted to do a Superman shoot with him I was over the top :) Chris had the idea along time ago to do this theme but we were trying to wait until Kal-el was older so the timing was perfect. In my book the way this played out is a much more rewarding experience. I didn't manage to rack up thousands of votes for my child but his ability was seen and he was chosen for that reason out of hundreds of children.  He did an awesome job at his shoot with a little candy bribing help ;). I'm a proud mommy of my little Superman!
                    My gallery print of my favorite picture from the shoot...possibly of all time!
I'll put the actual web sized files of these pictures up when she gets them to me these from home are a little less sharp but I wanted to share anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos of Kal-el! The Clark Kent/Superman photo is darling! He is one gorgeous little boy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive