Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Operation Sponge Bob Cont.- Craft Night!

   Only 11 days left until Kal-el's 3rd Birthday SpongeBob blowout!!! Whew..I've got my work cut out for me. Even though I start planning his birthday parties months in advance, its the little details and certain projects that HAVE to wait until last minute that take so much time and effort in the end. I'm more than happy to do it for Super. It only happens one day a year and it's his special day! :)
    Yesterday morning I had a doctors appointment so Chris and I decided to run some of our birthday errands for the party after I got out. Mom had the boys so we knew it would be a quick and easy trip. I managed to mark almost everything off my list. I know this fact makes Chris and his checkbook very happy lol! We got the insulation board from Lowes for the cake table back drop, along with LOTS of command strips for scene setter hanging. FYI I learned the hard way that this is about the only effective way to hang scene setters on painted cinder block. Last week I had alot of trail and error when I practiced hanging the scene setter to our walls at home. I was armed with glue dots, blue putty, and simple push pins. The push pins were recommended to me by a couple of people and it turns out that these work like a charm. I was happy for all of three days until I went to visit the facility and low and behold their walls are cinder block! Back to the drawing board. I'm hoping the command strips work just fine. The wall wrap is very light..so fingers crossed. Once the insulation board was out of the way it was off to Joanne's to buy some fabric and adhesive spray. Backdrops are pretty easy and so much fun. We managed to pick up every item we needed which enabled me to have CRAFT NIGHT with the family!
 We had such a blast tonight! Nannie's house was our designated craft venue. I love my family so much and I appreciate that they donated a entire night of crafting for the sake of Sponge Bob and a special, very much loved soon to be 3 year old :) We got almost everything checked off the list and had so much fun doing it. I can't wait to put everything up and get the facility decorated. I think our hard work is really going to pay off!  We need more excuses to have get togethers. Logan has a birthday in June...I'm just saying... :)
Practicing with the scene setter at home.
We started with the outside projects first so we would still have sunlight.
Next we have the backdrop.......
Annnd here is the reason we have the board..thanks Chris "Bear" ;)
Best buddies :)
We moved the party back indoors to start the other crafts!
Crafts eventually make you delirious lol :)
Jelly fish for the backboard :)
:)
  Craft night is a wrap...thank you sweet family! <3

1 comment:

  1. Craft night sounds fun at your house Lauren! Good luck with the rest of your crafting. =D So far, everything looks awesome. =]

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive