Being a father to sons is one of the most important, challenging, and rewarding jobs a parent can have. I don't know anyone who does that better than my husband. I'll say the same thing I say about him as a father any time I'm asked...he's a natural. He loves his little boys and they are wild about him. Kal-El has been his little shadow from the day he was born. He's definitely a Daddy's boy, with my personality. I guess we just naturally gravitate towards personalities like his. He is the calm strength and balance in this family. I see so much of Logan in him. My husband had almost no positive examples of what being a father was in his early childhood years. I like to look at Logan and think that's what Chris was like when he was a baby. Happy, content and not a care in the world, just waiting patiently to be loved. I feel so blessed that my boys have such amazing examples of what a man is in their lives. His children get to witness daily that he loves their mother and loves them. We try to always make the boys feel very secure in their sense of family so they will grow up feeling secure, able to express love and affection and develop into emotionally healthy MEN. Chris is our rock. In tougher times I've seen him do without and never complain. In good times I've watched him think of others especially his family before doing for himself. I watched most recently his hurt and restrained emotion when he thought he'd have to work on Logan's birthday but he didn't want to upset me so he acted as if everything was ok. I don't know what we'd do without him. He makes everyday special and everyday I'm grateful my boys have the father they do. This time last year we were coming home from the hospital...with a brand
new baby Logan..I'd say I outdid everyone last year in the Father's Day
gift department. So we decided to go a little more low key this
year. I'm sure he appreciates that ...our plate is a little full at the moment :) It wouldn't be Father's Day without mentioning my precious sweet Poppa. I simply can't say enough good things about him. He's beyond what a good man should be and I love him dearly. It's ironic because Chris reminds me so much of him. Nannie and I have good taste :) Two very special people that define the word Father. Wishing them both an amazing Father's Day! Here's the link to a blog post a wrote a couple of years a ago about Chris's journey. http://beingborquez.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-06-25T20:06:00-06:00&max-results=7
"The truest measure of a man is how he is viewed in the eyes of his family"
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

Happy Father's Day Borquez's! =D
ReplyDeletePrecious!
ReplyDelete