Oh how I have missed posting these. I have lots of new blog followers and I hope this won't bore you too much. I want my little ones to be able to look back on the books that were read to them in childhood and all the wonderful memories created by them. Experts say the strongest sense tied to memory is scent. I've always been more of a visual person (left handed trait most likely) and anytime I see the cover of an old childhood book I read or see the a little jelly finger print food stains on one of the actual old books itself I can't help but smile. I have tons of sweet memories from my books and that time in my upbringing. Sadly, there are many that were tossed out that I have no recollection of. Thats why I want to document some of our favorites. This month's select was given to Kal-El by Aunt Shane as one of his birthday presents. He adores this book. His favorite page is the one that showcases the Luna moth. We rescued one from our back yard so he has a fondness for them. I do as well. I think they are so beautiful and I've heard before that they are a symbol of good luck :) As you can see from the pictures this sweet book has just about had it! The story is about a cricket trying to find his" noise" or his place in the world. It originally made cricket sounds until Kal-El's curiosity got the best of him and he pulled the little voice box out of the back cover. It's still a keeper and will always be one of our favorites!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

Sweet boy and sweet book!
ReplyDelete