I had no idea this time last week that I was going to be tackling a
mini dessert table in celebration on St. Patrick's Day. As a matter of
fact, it's of no really significance in our household other than I'll
use ANY excuse to throw a party and I basically love all holidays! I
also wanted to see if I could put together something on a very limited
budget as some of my local blog readers had requested. My lovely vendors
really came thru for me on this little set up. It all started with
adorable printables from Lauren Haddox Designs. Soon after How Sweet It
Is and Tunky Monkey Sweet Treats joined for the ride and on extremely
short notice they absolutely showed out! I was beyond elated to have
Danielle McCann Photography capture all the Irish fun! She always
captured everything so beautifully!
Now for the details! When I said I wanted to stay on budget I wasn't
kidding..at all. Most of the items used were recycled materials from
past and future parties. I spent a total of...drum roll here......$17! I
was thrilled with that number. Shocked myself even. I wanted to stay
under $50 so I definitely achieved my goal! Here are some of my favorite
cost effective tips!
- Alternate store bought desserts and custom sweets. I had one of our
talented local bakers, Heather of Gourmet Gal's Bakery, whip me up some
little fondant shamrocks. I used a grocey store bakery and ask that they
make a very simple round cake with no details. You could even do this
part yourself but I was short on time. I simply added the fondant
details to the store bought cake!
- For the very simple backdrop I used a piece of the 20x30 foam board
and simply spray painted it green. I used circular motions and it made a
neat although very subtle swirl pattern that added a bit of texture. I
had planned on doing my own handmade shamrock and adding glitter to
match the adorable cookie that How Sweet It Is sent however when I spyed
one at Hobby Lobby for $5 that was exactly what I needed I fought 3
people for it. Ok not really but it was a major score ;)
- The cookies, cakepops, and cakeups were custom (I have friends in
party places, lucky me lol) however what I would recommend, for the sake
of budget, choosing one item that you want to be the specialty and
either make the rest yourself or purchase from a local bakery. The store
bought goodies can always be color coordinated and then dressed up with
printables! Tunky Monkey makes out of this world cake pops!
- For drinks, I love using recycled Crush brand bottled sodas. They are
not exactly kid friendly however so bottled water or juice is a great
alternate that can be dressed up as well!
- Most printables sets come with an 8x10 image. Lauren Haddox's set was
too adorable. I love putting that size picture in a frame and displaying
on the dessert table. Just paint an old frame your color of choice and
you are ready to go!
- For smaller events I love to keep favors very simple. Bag toppers and
mini zip locks are perfect! Lucky Charms were an easy pairing for this
set up. I'm also serving the little Graham cracker scooby bones for my
sons Scooby Doo party along the same concept!
Concept & Styling : Capes and Crowns
Photography: Danielle McCann Photography
Printables: Lauren Haddox Designs
Cookies : How Sweet It Is
Cake Pops & Cake Ups : Tunky Monkey's Sweet Treats
Fondant Shamrocks : Gourmet Gal Bakery
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)



No comments:
Post a Comment