Ruh roh I'm behind again on posts! Sorry :) Still getting the last few things taken care of with the move. Its no small feat! For the last month I have been anxious for Logan's two year well check. I really wanted to discuss some areas with Dr. Melvin that I was concerned about. Mostly, one area...speech or lack there of. Logan has maybe 5 words and more often than not doesnt use them consistently. Compared to Kal-El its night and day because Super was talking in sentences at this age. Comparing is the worst thing you can do because of course every child develops differently and we have always known how laid back Logan is. I didnt take a camera to the appointment because frankly I was a nervous wreck. You can imagine my relief when Dr. Melvin told us that he absolutely doesnt NOT think there is ANY issue with Logan..unless you count stubbornness. Umm thank you Chris Borquez for that gene. He said that his eye contact and responses are excellent. He basically just does things in his own time..similar to when he decided he wanted to walk. One day after not doing it at all he literally just got up and walked! I'm hoping his speech plays out the same and the dr thinks it will. He offered to enroll him in speech classes if it would ease my mind but left it entirely up to us. Knowing that it will only help and cant possibly hurt we agreed right away! Sense he does not have any disorders and is developmentally normal we had a much longer wait at one place. The second we place we called was able to get him in this week so I cant wait to see how he does! I know he does NOT like to be pushed so this should be very interesting. Im so greatful that stubborness is our issue here and not something more. I admire mothers that go above and beyond to not only care for but do constant research for their little ones with delays!
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment