Monday, September 2, 2013

Game Day and ER Visit!

   A couple of days ago Oregon played their first game of the season! If that wasnt exciting enough we also managed a trip to the ER the same day. UGH. Not the best way to kick of the fall football season. We were goofing off taking family pictures 20 mins before kick off and a half hour later Logan and I were out the door. I did NOT want Super in the ER to. I asked Chris if he could just mark off and stay with Kal-El. With the Oregon game on he really didnt put up much of a fight. Logan took a longer nap than usual and when I went in to check on him his little legs were on FIRE despite having whats not even considered a fever in a pediatric setting (100.3) It was just shy of the lowest grade fever. Had he have had an actual fever I would not of felt the need to take him in for a simple fever however he seemed to be only carrying the heat in his legs...which also contained some ugly looking mosquito bites from two days prior. Even though I had kept the bites extremely clean by biggest fear was staph so off we went. He was also VERY out of it..which scared me alot.  Long story short some how we left the ER with a "strep" diagnosis despite a negative swab and an antibiotic in hand. Dont even get me started. I was relieved it was not staph but I seriously doubted strep. He worsened again later that night and I called afterhours. I talked to Dr. Johnson in length and she also thought it was viral and not strep. Sigh....unnecessary antibiotic. Three hours after our phone call his fever broke and he received the tale tell signs of the virus he was carrying. Hello, enterovirus aka hand, foot, and mouth..you are a straight up gangsta of a virus and I HATE you. My poor pretty, sweet, little boy..eat up with this hideous virus. It really is one of the more unpleasant ones even though its so common. His skin looks awful. I cant stand for either of my babies to be sick but Logan is so sweet natured, happy, and less tough than the man of steel that it rips my heart out. :(  He does seem to feel lots better today and his follow up tomorrow. I want to make sure I've got the right diagnosis and also want to stop his antibiotic. He still smiles in spite of everything. I guess he really is so much stronger than what I give him credit for. He just does it without complaint. I can't wait until he is recoprated enough to enjoy the next game with us. Go Ducks and Go Logan! :)
                              And 30 mins later.....
                                ;(
                                Him loves Oso...
                                Feeling SO much better! Sweet man :D
                         Not only is Logan feeling much better but Aunt Vicki surprised me with this awesome Oregon wreath she made for us! Thaks Aunt V! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive