Im not even sure I touched on our home schooling stint previously on the blog so heres a recap. The condensed version. Kal had a nasty little upper respiratory infection in early winter. He ended up being on several rounds on steroids to clear up the subsequent cough that lingered. Flu season hit shortly after that and it ended up being a really nasty strand that the shot did not cover. Because steroids have a cumulative on the immune system I pulled Kal-El from public education and home schooled him from 2 months. It was an "ok" experience other than the intrusive "concern" from people I barely knew. That was fun. I made an educated decision in the best interest of my child. Period. Had he not have had so many roids (lol) I would not have been so aggressive. I stay home with my children so it was no major schedule adjustment for us. K garden is also not required in the state of Alabama so I made sure I was covered there as well. Illness concerns me but only when it could be potentially life threatening and as Ive said a million ^&#%$#$ times K was already at a disadvantage. :) I did not have the same worry for Logan. My kiddos are exposed to every other virus under the sun. I didnt want to take a chance with the flu this year and we were successful bc of the extra precautions I took. It was the worst strand in a decade. Again, educated choice. I dont regret it. I dont care what people think. My kiddos come first. I march to the beat of my own drum and we would do it all over again as long as my choice was an informed one and not hypochondria. It wasnt. Rant off.
The reason I said school was "ok" is bc Kal and I have the exact same personality type with the exception of him being very,very stubborn. Thanks Chris. This made it very hard to teach him at home. VERY. lol Plus,we adore his teacher. Mrs. Davis was the best part of out Kindergarten experience. I hated to pull him primarily bc of her. We both missed her and I spent most of my days at home realizing what saints teachers are lol!!
On his first day back he was over the moon excited. Im sharing this one picture bc its SO funny to me. The mean face he is making is bc he realized that school went on without him attending. I think he must have thought the world stopped spinning while he was at home. LOL I love this child. He picked up right where he left off and was so happy to be re enrolled for the last 6 weeks of school. He got to enjoy a field day, a field trip and kindergarten graduation. I want to make sure he is where he needs to be going in to first grade so we are doing tutoring with Mrs. Davis this summer. I think that makes up for the 2 months he missed her :) Win.Win.Win.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)



No comments:
Post a Comment