Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthdays, Bumbos, and Baby food
















This weekend was great! I only wish it were longer. Saturday we had an early celebration for my 27th Birthday which is this Tuesday. When we have a birthday in our family we almost always go to Fiesta Mexicana and have Victorian Tea Room almond birthday cake! This year was no exception to this tradition thank goodness lol..I always love spending time with my family and this year we have an extra member..Baby Kal-el. He has brought so much joy to all of our lives and I'm so proud to be his mommy. He had a great time socializing with all of us. I feel so blessed that all of my family esp my grandparents are alive and well. I'm really treasuring these times. I received such thoughtful gifts. My husband almost always gets me a beautiful new pair of heels for my birthday. I adore shoes but i don't splurge on expensive ones but every so often so I look forward to July every year. The heels he got me this year were super HAWT toe cleavage and all lol! And of course it would not be a birthday without cards from him that ALWAYS make me cry. I think he does this on purpose! Sometimes Chris can be of few words but he is such a card snob. Its hilarious. He will only buy Hallmark and it MUST read perfectly for the situation. But the best part is the heart felt words that he writes in them. Melts my heart into little pieces. This year I cried an eyelash off b/c he also wrote an extra card from Kal-el to me. Too sweet. After the birthday dinner we headed home and watched some movies.
     We got Kal-el something this weekend that he loves and I think we will get alot of use out of. It's the Bumbo chair. It helps babies learn to sit up on there own. He is already really indepenent and ahead of the curve in a few things we thought we would see if he would like this little chair. He sat in it for a long time yesterday and was still not ready to be taken out but he was starting to slouch so we removed him. In food news my sweet guy now eats and loves apples. This was his baby food of choice for the entire weekend. Well he has only had two kinds but I kind of think he digs the apples a little more than "nannas". Don't even ask me about the imfamous swing and how the transition to the crib went. I'll plea the 5th! LOL Lastly I was reminsing on some old photoshoots that I've done over the years and I ran across one that was totally Birthday appropriate ..enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive