This weekend was great! Friday night started off with a yummy dinner at Rosie's with my cousin Zach and his wife Lea. They are always tons of fun and we all laughed til we hurt. Saturday we celebrated my moms birthday. Our birthdays are one week apart so this weekend in many ways really resembled last weekend which was fine by all of us! I got up super early to pick up my Mom's petit fors at Victorian Tea room. I quickly realised that I should of ordered a cake instead. They were just really not what I expected. We have always been SUPER happy with their yummy cakes in the past but I guess it just wasnt my day. So I went ahead and purchased them anyway as I was really pressed for time. Then I did the only thing I could do. Drum roll.....................I purchased a cake from Wal-mart. I know, whats the freaking big deal your thinking? Well....my Mom is a cake snob..BIG TIME....we are all very down to earth people but I suppose everyone has their thing...mine is photography from my modeling days ..I hate crappy or even mediocre photography...then as I've mentioned theres Chris with his Hallmark card snobbery lol its all kind of funny...anyway..I found a seriously adorable polka dot cake from wal-mart ..so I just prayed and went for it. I figured we could start with the two dozen petit fors first then move on to the "normal" cake afterwards and pray she didnt know it...My mom is a funny woman , I love her to pieces shes sometimes harsh but its very endearing and she wouldnt hesitant to ask me "What the &%$% is this ^%$#?? LOL I headed home to get my hubby and baby ready. Chris and I decided to spend some time cleaning and moving furniture around in an effort to be officially rid of "the swing" dun dun dun...by night fall. This past the time nicely and before we knew it we were headed out the door for Mom's Birthday.We decided to try a new Mexican restaurant this year and were super pleased. The food was fab and we had entirely too much fun posing like the pictures on the wall. We filled up on fajitas and petit fors and never even cut the cute infamous Wal-mart cake. We all decided that we would go for a swim at Aunt Shanes afterwards. Chris loves to swim and hasnt goten to all year so I was glad that we were going even though I'm not ready to be in a swim suit yet I enjoyed watching Kal-el get to put his little feet in the water. Zach and Chris were so funny in the pool. I have hysterical pictures to prove it but my husband threatened my life if I post them. After swimming we dropped some furniture off at Zach and Lea's new house. I'm so happy for them their first home is really neat! Then it was time for us to head back home. Mom, Dad, and baby were way tired :) When we got home we fought the urge to put fetch the swing from storage and put the dang thing back together but Chris pulled a super parent stunt and was like "no we must do this tonight's the night". So we gave it our 100% AND ..a need another drum roll here...........................KAL-EL SLEPT IN HIS CRIB ALL NIGHT!!!!!!! Ok so he got up 3 times but we couldn't be happier ..he woke up scared we took turns walking into sooth him and he finally got the hang on it ..in one night. My hubby is awesome for being so determined I may have given in had it not been for him. Needless to say we are both very pleased and Mommy is getting a new bookcase in our bedroom b/c now there is NO pack-n-play and no swing and plenty of room. What are great place to store my culinary mysteries like the Fudge cupcake murder and the keylime pie murder. Shut up. Life is great :)
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

You are such a good writer ...and hilarious as well LOL :)
ReplyDelete