Monday, December 21, 2009

Nannie and Poppa's 60th Anniversary!















In today's times its almost become a rarity to find anyone who has been married to the same person for over a decade. Thankfully, there are still golden examples of the way things were meant to be. Sunday we celebrated two beautiful people in our family whos love has stood the test of time. It was Nannie and Poppa's 60th Wedding Anniversary! They are the back bone of our entire family and we are all so blessed to have them. We had a small get together at the church in their honor. It was hosted by Aunt Shane, and Aunt Vicki, and Mom. Several of the church members attended as well as Poppa's sisters. I love days that make me slow down and remind me what life is all about and yesterday was one on those days. Chris and I hope to model our own marriage after Nan and Pop. You can see how much they still adore each other after all these years. Poppa asked Nannie to marry him after about 3 months of dating. He asked her would she like to "make circles around his flour barrel?" I'm still not sure exactly what this means but I think it has something to do with making biscuits in the morning! Then he presented her with a beautiful one caret diamond that she still wears today. He has always wanted her to have the best. They lived with Nannie's parents until the ring was paid off.Poppa has always built houses and drawn house plans. He later started working for the railroad and retired from there as well. At the anniversary party one of my favorite things to look at were all of the old pictures of them that the girls had layed out. I know I'm a little partial but they were seriously such a gorgeous pair, still are, but in all the pics they look like old Hollywood movie stars :)I was proud to share this special day with them. Their legacy will live on forever. I love you Nannie and Poppa Happy 60th Anniversary!!! More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive