Yesterday was probably the most fun I've ever had at work! Our State Farm office has been trying to have a child safety day for sometime now. Safety day's are mostly centered around car seat inspections. We provided technicians for customers to have their seats throughly inspected to make sure they were within the required guidelines for weight and that they were installed properly. Luckly, all of the seats passed yesterday. In the event that one is defective they replace it on sight with another one and the old one is destroyed. It's a great system. We also had our conference room decorated with the Cars theme from Disney, courtsey of yours truely. You know that I can't and won't pass up an opportunity to party plan! The kids could come in and enjoy watching the Cars movie and enjoy some snacks while their parents were getting the inspection done. I was excited all day because I knew Chris was bringing Kal-el to see me and to participate in the day's events. My friend and coworker, Kellie , was designated to dress up as the Good Neigh Bear but happily relinquished the role to my more than willing husband once he arrived with Super in tow. Chris loves to do that kind of thing especially when it comes to children. What a perfect costume since the nickname I gave Chris years ago is "Chris Bear". He was such an awesome source of entertain and kept everyone laughing and the kids adored him. It was pretty hot outside so I'm sure there were more than a couple of times that he was miserable but he just kept going and had a good time. He is such a good sport and he was doing it just because he wanted to help! He was even doing different dance moves such as "tha stanky leg" and the "superman" to the cars driving by. Gah, I heart him. Even in the bear suit Kal-el still knew that it was his Daddy. Must of been because he heard him talking and hugging on Moms here. After lots of pictures were made with the Neigh Bear and all the seats were inspected we decided to go ahead and let them take a look at Kal-el's seat. Turns out its just fine. Yay! However, they did inform us that we may be looking at very pricey seats in the near future being that Super is very big and tall for his age but still a toddler. So we will have to cross that bridge a few months down the road when he reaches the max weight for his seat. The technicians asked how old Kal-el is. One of them said "he's about two right?" I laughed and said try 13 months. They laughed to and finally looked like they understand why I was carrying him around almost the entire time. By the time the very last seat was inspected, almost all the treats were devoured, and the gas cans were emptied, everyone especially my toddler carrying back, and the Neigh Bear were ready to call it a day. I'm so glad the event was a success. Everyone worked really hard and we had a better turn out than expected. Can't wait to do it again! :)


My boys arriving to see me!
Daddy getting suited up

best neigh bear (shoney's bear) ever!
ReplyDelete