Friday, July 2, 2010

Kal-el's 15 Month Check Up

This morning Chris and I carried Kal-el to see Dr. Melvin for his 15 month check up which of course included shots. Ouch! Our poor Super didn't know what was coming his way. He was a social butterfly from the time he walked. There was another little girl there his age and they played together for a little while in the "well baby" playroom. After the little girl was called back and some time had passed, Kal-el decided that he too would like to go in the exam rooms and see HIS doctor next. Since it obviously was not his turn I had to chase him down the hall and confiscate him wearing 5 inch heels. It's ok I'm a pro :) Daddy bear Chris does most of the toddler carrying when we are together anyway since the leach embarrasses him lol. I grabbed him up as he desperately fought me to get back in one of the exam rooms. A nurse walked by us with an amuzed look on her face. "I bet you've never had one cry to actually go in before have you?" I asked. We both shared a laugh over Kal-el's loud protests. Finally our turn had come. I felt so bad as I thought to myself he is so excited to get back there and pretty soon he will wish we hadn't of come at all. He did just fine during his shots, only crying briefly with lightening fast rebound....yep...that's beacuse he's Superman :) We also got an update on his stats. Usually I am the one that says something eyerolling at the doctors vitists but this time the award goes to my lovely husband, whom upon finding out are son is still in the 95th percentiles for both weight and height commences with his input of..."Oh yea thats my BOI ...somebodys going PRO...Yep your going pro son...woot woot!!!" I just stare blankly at him as crickets chirp in the background....ooooookay. lol So over all we had a wonderful checkup and we are happy that our baby boy is strong and healthy. We have officially completed baby immunizations so Super won't have to go make a trip to see the doctor again until he is 2 years old. As he gets a little older I think we will try to work in something fun to offset doctor visits in the event that they ever become scary because of shots etc. I feel a new toy tradition coming on. :)
Superman getting his head measured.

Caution : Not meant for toddler chasing :)
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive