We have decided to celebrate our anniversary later this month after Chris's upcoming fight this weekend. He has been working really hard to cut weight and I want him to actually be able to enjoy food at dinner. I would never claim to have figured out everything there is to know about love or marriage but I do know one thing for sure. We have a deep, sincere love and whether we are in a castle or a cardboard box there is no one else in the world that I would want to go through this life with. He is my best friend. My support system. We are each others biggest fans and as long as I have him by my side I know we can face whatever storms life throws our way as long as we do it together. Love is so much more than a candlelight dinner and a flower or gift here in there. To me, love is understood best and defined most when you are in the trenches, when you have risen above adversity and you still stand strong. We have certainly had our share of obstacles but most importantly we haven't let those define us. To say that he is my soulmate might sound cliche but its true and any other word wouldn't carry enough weight. He as seen me in every state, and I him and it has only made what we have stronger. We have cared for each other through sickness, lost loved ones and hard times. We have laughed and cried together. To top it all off we still have that spark and amazing chemisty that we shared in the beginning. He gave me the best gift ever when I became a mother in 2009.We became an even better team after Kal-el was born. I had always heard stories of how everything shifts and your relationship with your spouse is not the same. I'm glad that everyone has a different experience because we certainly did. I guess much of it had to do with the fact that we always saw ourselves with a large family so it's just a part of who we are. He even made me feel like the most beautiful women in the world when I was super HUGE during my pregnancy. I know he will make me feel that way even when we are old and gray and playing with our grandchildren. He will always be "home" to me ...wherever we are. So today is a day to celebrate us and the love that we share ....yesterday, today, tomorrow...forever. I love you Chris "Bear".
xoxo
These pictures were taken the night we got engaged
" Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."



I DIDNT KNOW TODAY WAS YOUR ANNIVERSARY! I am a crappy friend! Congratulations!!!! You guys are a beautiful couple and exuberate what love is all about! I am truly lucky to have you both in my life!
ReplyDelete