Saturday, October 23, 2010

Book of the Month- The Very Hungry Caterpillar

This month's selection has been around a long time. It's quite the classic. I even remember reading it when I was a child. Aunt Sandra sent this book to Kal-el a few weeks back and he absolutely adores it! He loves to stick his little fingers over all the holes in the pages where the caterpillar has been. He becomes irrate if we turn the pages before he is done! :) Chris and I read this one just about every night per Super's request. Kal-el has a favorite page and I have to admit that its my favorite. It's this one.....
This is the part of the book where the caterpillar seriously gets down on some food. I always have ad libs when I read to Kal-el. Partly to keep Chris and I entertained.
The page reads "On Saturday he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.
I always insert random statements like..." Wow chunky butt caterpillar must of dined at Ryan's buffet." "Or thats what Mommy ate everyday when you were in her tummy." We all giggle. It's a great little book with lots of bright colors that encourages counting. I don't think we will be tired of this one anytime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive