Monday, December 6, 2010

11 Weeks Pregnancy Update!

    This past Tuesday I had my first offical doctors appointment to check on the little bean. I must say that Chris had to drag me there. I haven't blogged in over a week. Nope, not even a wordless Wednesday. I have been one sick Momma. After a sneaky 9 day incubation period I came down with the horrendous virus that Kal-el had. My first indication that I was sick occured last Friday night after the Oregon game. I could not keep the house warm enough and I kept getting chills despite piles of blankets. I ran down stairs and got my trusty ear thermometer. Wow, 100.5 degrees. I knew immediately I had the virus.
   The next morning I awoke feeling even worse. I had ulcers covering the inside of my mouth as well as my lips and down my throat. Poor sweet Super had them the previous week with his illness. Yet another confirmation that I had the same thing. Not only were they unsightly but they were the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with in 28 years...bar none..not even my c-section recovery. The worst part of it all is that my symptoms seemed like they would never end and I was really terrified about the virus passing the placenta and effecting our latest addition to the family. Dr. Musgrove assured me that most adults already had antibodies to the virus since its very common in childhood. That information really helped put my mind at ease. Especially, after my brain had been in neurotic overdrive researching the potential deadly effects that some viruses have on a fetus . Web MD had more hits than ever on my computer prior to my appointment.
    Nannie and Poppa helped me so much with Kal-el while I was sick. I have no clue what I would of done without them. I was literally unable to leave the couch for a solid week.  I lost a total of 6 pounds. It hurt to talk. Eating was much worse. I cried several times trying to get simple soft foods down. I'm usually pretty tough but this awful virus brought me to my knees and of course being pregnant I couldn't take anything for the pain. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone and it kills me that my sweet little boy had it. Of course children are so much more resilient when it comes to sickness!
  Last night was the first time I left the house in 8 days and it was so nice. Chris and I shopped for some of Super's Christmas gifts early in the day and then that evening we enjoyed dinner and a movie with some friends. We had a fabulous time even though my poor lips still look awful and I know people were wondering what in the world was wrong with me. I didn't care I was just happy to be out and about among the living again. I thank God that I'm better now and I'm even more greatful that the bun in the oven is doing just fine! Speaking of the bun..BB is already measuring an entire week ahead ....this early...yep..looks like another big Borquez baby already. Chris needs to be carrying these little chunks! So without further adieu here is the latest picture of baby #2 :-)
This cutie pie was dancing all over the place...I bet he/she was doing the "duckie" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive