Friday, February 25, 2011

Ahhhh STORMS!

     I don't mind most storms...to the contrary I love them..as long as they are of the mild thunderstorm variety. Theres nothing like listening to the rain fall in a cozy house house curled up with a good book. Now throw the words "severe" or "tornado" into the mix and I literally go NUTSO. It becomes an entirely different story at that point. Last night was no expection. I had heard all day and even the previous day that "horrible baaaaaad" weather was heading our way. I think people in the south will sometimes even use this as a conversation piece...like its pleasant or something. I've even listened on ,completely bewildered, at some peoples verbal reactions post storm..."welp..we didnt geta thang"...Shouldn't you be THRILLED about this bubba? Geesh!
        I could not of been any happier that Chris made it home last night by 8oclock. I made a yummy little lasagna dinner with salad, breadsticks, and finished it off with a blackberry cobbler just to try to take my mind off the impending doom of the angry weather outside. Chris, Kal-el, and even the dogs really could of cared less. After dinner Chris made his way upstairs to relax a little and play his 360. We usually all go upstairs together but I don't feel the need to tell you why I desired to be at the lowest level of the house. I sat stirring and festering in my own storm anxiety. Kal-el chose to go upstairs with his Daddy. It was fine for the moment because at this point we were just in "watch" status. I decided I would join them after a few minutes of no storm action. Everything was going just fine until I decided I needed to download a weather app to my phone. Bad idea. Almost simultaneously, the download informed me that we had just been upgraded to a "warning." Oh great...Here's me..."OMG OMG Chris ..there's one spotted in the area..we all need to be in the bathroom..OMG NOW!" I know Chris instantly resented upgrading my phone. He actually sent Super down with me and chose to stay behind for a few minutes to do what? Yes..he actually finished playing his round of Black Ops until I called out again in a state of panic for him to PLEASE come get in the bathtub. I was the only one that ever actually got in the tub. Chris only came into the bathroom because he actually had to USE it.lol  Kal-el was asleep on me while we/I waited anxiously for the magic number 10:45pm to arrive. Chris got bored and as soon as the coast was clear he stepped out for a little freash air and tv and wanted us to come relax with him. I stayed behind a few minutes before our "relaxation" got under way to see if I still liked the color of our bathroom. LOL Umm yea who am I kidding :) I emerged after about another ten minutes of hidding to spend the rest of the evening enjoying my boys' company in non panic mode. Thankfully and in all seriousness I'm just happy there was no harm done and this area was missed yet again by major damage! Glad its over with...I'm sure everyone around me is as well! :-)
Still waiting to come out....
These guys weren't phased :)
Neither was this guy :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So familiar! Except mine was the closet, and my husband played his World of WarCraft in between going outside onto the porch to "look at it" and the dogs whined and cried and sat on top of me practically... Bless us! We will probably always be like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL How funny Sara Beth :) I dont see myself changing anytime soon either! Sure wish we had a storm shelter!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive