Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Kal-el!

   I can not believe our baby is officially TWO today. We are celebrating with the big party on Tuesday. I look forward to it so much and I'm still hopeful that Chris will be here with us and not riding on the "choo choo" as Super says. I went ahead and had a little simple cake made for here at home so Kal-el could enjoy some yummy cake on the actual day of his birth! :) We plan on just relaxing and taking it easy today. We may go to the park for a little while. Aunt Sandra's gift to Kal-el arrived yesterday so he may get to open one present today. I'm saving his gifts from Chris and I until he gets home and we can open them together. Well the rest of his gifts ...Chris and I caved last week and put his little jungle gym together in the middle of the living room. Kal-el had a blast in it! I've been asking Super for a solid month "How old are you going to be?" He loved it at first and he would hold his two little fingers up( crossed, so cute and funny looking) and proudly say "TWO!" He is now completely sick and tired of this question and gets upset with me when I even mention it and shakes his head while telling me "no no no." :) Moody Birthday man! We woke up to some awesome Superman quotes left by DaDa before he headed to work. I just had to share them.........

"Happy Birthday to my son Kal-El , You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you... even in the face of our deaths... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more I... I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you... all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father, the son. This is all I ... all I can send you, Kal-El"
"Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
Lastly, here is a link to Kal-el's birth story from my post last year.  Kal-el's Birth Story  
Happy 2nd Birthday Thomas Kal-El Borquez we love you with all our hearts!!! You are forever Mommy and Daddy's Superman!!!
Daddy getting Super's 2 year measurements :)
Sweet man is still SUPER in size..almost my height already lol
Kal-el's "at home" cake..as you can see he immediately made his mark in it!
Sharing with Mommy :)

1 comment:

Blog Archive