Friday, May 27, 2011

C Section- June 20th!

 Ok here go the pregnancy hormones. Today I went to see the wonderful Dr. Musgrove for my 36 weeks appointment. I was super eager to get there because I knew that we would more than likely be scheduling my c section for sometime mid June. I also really wanted him to check my cervix for any dilation. Even  though I just turned 36 weeks he indeed wanted to check me...mainly for two reasons. The first being that I'm having tons of pelvic pressure and secondly my history. When I was pregnant with Kal-el I was already dialted at this time or shortly after and by the time my scheduled c section rolled around I was at a 3. My concern today was that since this is a second pregnancy I might progress faster. He checked me and reported that I was less than a finger tip dilated. He said the reason for all my pressure was because Logan is So big and has dropped even lower. The progression may very well start at any time!
 Since I turn 39 weeks June the 17th I had my heart set on this date. Dr. Musgrove prefered it as well. The reason I have c sections in the first place in because I have large babies, a small pelvis and a tipped uterus (which means back labor and possibily a fractured tale bone) ouch no thanks! Although Dr. Wakefield gave me the option of attempting to have Kal-el naturally I promptedly said no thanks I wanted a c section from day one. I will not go into all the reasons :)  So this birth will of course be a repeat Cesarean. Everything looked great for the date being set up. Dr. Musgrove made the call himself and ECM TOLD him they had the date avaible. Yes!
Or so we thought...to make a long painful story short there was a mix up in scheduling and they were "misinformed" when they TOLD the DOCTOR they had the 17th available. Niiiiiice just what I wanted to hear! I waited for over an hour and eventually was told that I would have to wait til the 20th since they don't do scheduled sections on weekends and the 17th happened to fall on a Friday. I'm sure this all sounds crazy HOWEVER 3 days is EVERYTHING to a pregnant woman who normally weighs 115 lbs, is 5 ft tall, gives birth to over 8 lb babies, and dilates early. The lady scheduling my surgery could feel my pain and commented had never had such a hard time getting something on the books. The ONLY way for us to meet Logan any sooner is if I progress to over 3cm. If that were to happen I would be scheduled for an earlier date. So until then its a waiting game and at least we have a tentative date of June 20th. I know one good thing birthdays for these two will be very easy to keep up with because Kal-el's falls on the 20th of March. Yes, thats desperate and I'm grasping for straws..come on Logan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive