Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bedroom Makeover!

   The much needed bedroom makeover that I mentioned in a previous post took place this week. Aunt Vicki and Harold as well as my Mom were nice enough to come over and help me get the painting done. Chris and I had planned on just doing it ourselves over a few days, however shortly after getting the room primed he got called out. I thought I would be able to wait patiently until he returned in a a day or so to finish up BUT in this state of nesting that proved to be an impossible task. My family would NOT ALLOW me to attempt it alone. Thank God for such a thoughtful, helpful family. Aunt Shane and Aunt Vicki have tried to come over almost every day so they can help clean. So sweet. I may take them up on the offer soon  :) The downstairs bedroom (Mom's old room/guest bedroom) was in desperate need of a make over. I lovingly referred to it as the "holiday room". Although the most represented holiday would have to be Christmas...followed by Easter as a second runner up :)  When you see the before pictures you'll understand why. It literally was 3 different shades..each representing the indecisiveness in room color choices. Originally it was a very traditional deep green then Mom went the shabby chic route so it become a soft green with lots of crystal and pink accents. Fast forward a bit later and a red modern shade was the color of choice. Once my mom got married Chris and I started to sleep downstairs (due to my very pregnant state) the room colors started driving me INSANE. I HAD to decide on a color scheme fast. I'd always wanted to do blues and browns. I just find it very tranquil. I ordered some bedding that I fell in love with and got to work. All that's left to do at this point is the window treatments, hanging art/photos etc.. but I'll go ahead and post a sneak peak of the work in progress. Here's some before and afters :)
                                                                              Before
My little Handy Manny getting to work :)
Umm NOT the floors Super...the WALLS!
There you go :)
After!
                                                                    Yay! All done! :)

2 comments:

  1. We have the same bedroom! Except, I painted my walls carmel brown and accented on the walls with dark brown and blue! Same pattern on the bedding too! So, of course, I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!'m from Tuscumbia too and found your blog through other people! I'm living in Germany now with my husband! Just getting into the blogging but I love love your blog! Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive