Better late than never! I've been meaning to get back on track with the book of the month and I think this month's selection is the perfect book to get things started again. As I've said before the reason I love doing the book of the month is because I adore books and I want my children to have something to serve their memories of the books I read to them in childhood. Most of these books aren't deep or groundbreaking in anyway but books are unique to children and a big part of childhood. Some of the most fond memories I have from my own childhood can be triggered with the thought or recognition of a certain book. I know that it's impossible to keep every single book but I want them to have memories of certain books and that time in their lives so I think this will help if they ever want to look back. This month's selection is about becoming a new big brother and welcoming baby brother home. Kal-el is honestly more interested in the stuffed bears on the pages and his most favorite page is the one that contains the ice cream cone but every other page he does manage to blurt out "Baby!" This is as close to comprehension that I'm going to get at this point I'm afraid. But I'll take it :) So looking forward to the Borquez brood being a family of four!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment