Logan is the size of a Duffel Bag :)
Friday, June 10, 2011
Lil Duffel Bag Boy
It's time to STEP. Pardon the above rap title but Logan is now 38 weeks and the size of ...yes you guessed it..a duffel bag! I had my ultrasound today and found out that my amniotic fluid is getting quite low. They take bambinos OUT if levels go down to a 5..I'm currently at a 6. A little scary, mainly because Chris got called out to Chattanooga at 5 am and had to miss the appointment. Luckily, once I was able to be seen by Dr. Musgrove he assured me that Logan looked great and he didn't anticipate my fluid going down anymore before my scheduled c section. I was holding my breath a little because part of me thought (and maybe even hoped) that he would need to come out sooner. My mind was just racing about how quickly yet safely Chris could make it to the hospital. My other thoughts were "Oh no Kal-el's 'big brother' shirt isn't in yet and I really need to clean up some more." Typical second time mommy stuff. :) You kind of learn the world doesn't stop spinning and the entire planet isn't 9 months preggo and things still need to be taken care of. As far as dilation is concerned I had made no progression.. however my cervix is now almost completely thinned so the water breaking part could still very realistically happen..I just hope I have enough "water" to be able to tell should it happen that way. Of course I came home and got on the internet..such a horrible idea for me lol...and I'm very anxious about the fluid. It can cause the baby's growth to stop as well as other complications and simply put a baby can not survive without the amount of fluid they need. Since I'm so close to the end I just have to put my trust in God and the medical expertize of my OB. I go back for one final fluid check next Thursday. If it's lower than 5 Logan's birthday will be that day if its the same or improved Kal-el will get to enjoy a few more days as an only child...I'm sure he won't mind an extra 3 days of ALL the attention! The highlight of today's visit, the part that took my mind off the medical concerns if only briefly, was definitely Logan's hair. He has SO MUCH of it. I remember looking back at Kal-el's ultrasound pictures and all his hair floating and us thinking it was A LOT but this child seriously has about 3x the amount. I couldn't help but laugh out loud...I just said wow he's got more hair than Steven Tyler. The ultrasound tech and I had a good laugh. Can't wait to meet you baby Logan..we love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

No comments:
Post a Comment