As far as Logan goes...he is an absolute dream of a newborn. He rarely cries and his longest stretch in between feedings has so far been at night and it's a 4.5 hour span! Sweet baby lets his mommy sleep at night. Even if this changes I'm so grateful for the sleep during the recovery part of my surgery when I've needed it most. I am able to enjoy this newborn phase so much more this time because I'm bottle feeding. Yes, I know breast is best and I wish I had an adequate supply but unfortunately I do not. I tried EVERYTHING with Kal-el including taking prescription medication (which knocked me out) and Kal-el still lost weight. I felt guilty ALL the time, was exhausted and robbed of the opportunity to enjoy my newborn. I didn't want to relive that experience with Logan. Don't get me wrong if I HAD the milk I would LOVE to be able to but unfortunately here I am a week post partum and no engorgement to speak of. Only a faint hint of milk. Same as with Kal-el. Since Logan was born smaller than Kal-el I really don't want him dropping down any further when it can be prevented by supplementing. Accepting that this is reality and knowing that I have tried everything has made a world of difference this time around.
Logan is similar to Super in that he doesn't really care for a paci. It's been offered and I kind of wish he'd take it because studies have shown it to slightly decrease the risk of SIDS, however if he doesn't want it thats fine to. In addition to night sleepings, not being dependent on a paci, he is also the easiest baby to burp. I mean literally three or four pats on the back and he is ready to fall right back to sleep. He also doesn't really care about being swaddled. He goes to sleep just laying there and is totally content. Super would never even let me lay him down and he fed every 2 hours around the clock. Kal-el has always liked to make his presence known, which is one of the things I love most about my first superhero...I just don't know If I could handle TWO that spirted lol :) I wanted to have a record of our first week and I don't think it could of gone any better! I love my 3 boys! :)
Only a brief moment of regression LOL
Then it was back to big brother!

so sweet, Lauren! Your boys are so cute! Glad everything is going well!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much girl :)
ReplyDelete