Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

   I love this time of year. Thanksgiving is always exciting for me because it officially marks the beginning of the holiday season. Thanksgiving was a little bitter sweet this year. What wasn't missing was great food, fun and laughter with my extended family. The one thing missing this year that would of made it even better would of been if Chris Bear had of been home with us. He got called out on Thanksgiving morning. We had some indication the previous night that he could be getting called right back out based on the call board so we decided to have a Thanksgiving breakfast over at nannies. We barely had time to sit and eat as a family before he had to get on the train. I'm glad we at least got to see him yesterday but I hate so much that he didn't get to spend Thanksgiving dinner with us at Aunt Shane's yesterday evening.
    I arrived with my sweet little boys in tow to Aunt Shanes house at about 5pm. Most everyone was already there  and we were all ready to dive into the feast. :) Yes I took pictures of the food again this year. We laughed and made jokes about how its my version of a dirty magazine. Leave us hungry curvy girls alone! lol ;) New on the menu this year was the leg of lamb Larry and my mom brought. I'd never tried lamb but I really enjoyed it! When I finally got to sit down and eat that is! Raymond's kids and grand kids joined us this year and Kal-el had a BLAST with the other children! I had to chase him down almost non stop but it was a joy to see him having so much fun. He played hard for at least two hours. I was either chasing him or playing catch up with Zach and Lea for most of the night. I love my family. We said our goodbyes and called it a night when I noticed Super's heavy eyes. I packed up my boys along with their Daddy's big to go plate and we headed home. When I arrived home Chris had already made it to his work destination as well so we talked on the phone for a bit before we fell asleep. This year I am thankful for my husband as well as the rest of my family. It definitely was not complete with an empty chair beside me at the dinner table but I'm so grateful that he's not oversees and I only have to wait one short day to see him and there are also many who have lost a loved one this year. I try to keep everything in perspective that way and I hope my boys will be able to do the same. Luckily, this shouldn't be a trend the longer Chris works there and his seniority builds. We are just thankful that he has a job that enables him to provide for us, many don't have that right now. The way that I always like to show thanks is to give back a little. We'll have to figure out what little project we want to do this year to help others. I want to involve Kal-el as much as possible but I know his understanding might be limited to some degree at this age.
  I'm happy to report that we slept in this morning. No Black Friday shopping for us. I would have to be crazy crazier to get out in the droves of soccer moms crawling thru the floors of wal-mart for a $2 toaster ovens. I'm just sitting back this morning eating leftovers in my pj's, watching cartoons with my boys, and laughing at the already surfacing local stories ...tazors and all! Happy Thanksgiving!
                                    So thankful for this sweet boy :)
                                   And this sweet boy :)
                                   Let the fun begin!
                                 Yummo!
                               Happy Thanksgiving! <3 The Borquez Family!

1 comment:

Blog Archive