I had a great time tonight with the ladies of my family at the Mother Daughter Banquet held at my grandmothers church. This is the 4th or 5th year in a row that the church has had this dinner. Even though its a mother/daughter banquet I brought my sweet little guys with us. I don't think anyone minded. Afterall, any sitter that I might have when my hubby is at work would be the women of my family sooooo that means they get to join us. It just so happened that this year Chris was off but he decided to go sailing with Larry and Poppa. Kal-El and Logan are much too young to go and I would be worried the entire time so I just opted to take them. I'm sure Chris and the men of the family enjoyed the down time. The banquet was similar to last year except last year baby Logan was in my tummy and this year he was enjoying banana pudding and giggling at the table with us. What a difference a year makes! It's so wonderful to see my beautiful grandmother happy that all three of her girls, her grand daughter, and 2 sweet little great grandsons are there to take part in this evening once a year. Our family usually ends up being the loudest and having the most laughs. This year I think I won...I played a tiny prank on Nannie. Picture if you would ..everyone heading back into the congregation with full tummies hand in hand with loved ones and eager to hear a message about mothers. Logan who literally never cries was whaling away and Kal-El was using two green balloons (given to him as a bargain for allowing us to his half his grapes so he wouldn't choke to death) as boobies. Nice. Really really nice. As one of the more touching stories was shared and after a moment of prayer...I leaned in close to Nannie hugged her tight and whispered in her ear "Happy Mothers Nannie I'm Pregnant" Apparently this wasn't quite as funny as I had thought it in my head....she slide half way down the pew and exclaimed "Oh Lord have mercy! " hahaha I had to reassure her that it was only a joke and we all got so tickled about it a couple of us snorted..good times :) Regardless of all our silly antics we are a very close knit family made up of mothers who love each other dearly. I'm blessed to have a wonderful grandmother, a unique mother, and two precious aunts in my life. I look forward to this every year and this year was one more special year of memories made :)
Nannie and I :)
Mom and I with the boys :) I'm promise I wasn't as sleepy as I looked!
Aunt Shane and I <3
I love this picture of Logan and Aunt Shane...
Aunt Vicki and I :)
So sweet :)
The shoes had to go ;)
Mom still taking pictures... unaware that prayer had started...lol
Hulk bookies? What? lol
And last but not least Nannie won some flowers...I sat on them accidentally..my rear is not small...I'll buy her some better ones :) I'll try to post the boys sailing pictures tomorrow on this post so check back!
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- June (2)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- January (1)
- December (2)
- November (3)
- September (3)
- August (11)
- July (1)
- June (8)
- May (1)
- April (5)
- February (2)
- January (3)
- December (8)
- November (2)
- October (9)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (2)
- December (11)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (3)
- July (9)
- June (11)
- May (4)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (7)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (9)
- September (11)
- August (11)
- July (11)
- June (12)
- May (12)
- April (15)
- March (12)
- February (13)
- January (16)
- December (18)
- November (11)
- October (14)
- September (14)
- August (13)
- July (10)
- June (15)
- May (16)
- April (14)
- March (15)
- February (13)
- January (13)
- December (13)
- November (9)
- October (17)
- September (15)
- August (13)
- July (16)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- February (12)
- January (16)
- December (15)
- November (6)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (10)

OH, Lauren! I love this post!! I want to be a woman in your family!! YOu all have SO much fun! You all look gorgeous as always! The boys are super handsome (I know I don't tell you that enough)!!!
ReplyDeleteYour so sweet Sara! And you have little heartbreakers to! Love you girl :)
DeleteFamily seems to be really important to you and I love that. You are gorgeous by the way. I am stay at home mom as well to twin girls who are 9 months. I would love to continue to follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteBecome a follower as well at preemietwinsandme.blogspot.com
Awwwwwww. Such a sweet family! I love it! Love the pix
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful time what a great way to honor all the moms!
ReplyDelete